Author Topic: Vancouver city/venue details  (Read 2013 times)

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: Vancouver city/venue details
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 09:07:04 PM »
From @bcplace on twitter:

Gate E for GA entry

Gate B for Red Zone entry

Doors open at 5:30pm

Also bag policy:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

From ticketmaster.ca email:

Vancouver: Reserved FANCLUB seat holders can enter at Gate A, B, H & G.   Gates C, D & E will not be open for reserved FANCLUB seat holders

Vancouver: present the credit card used to purchase the tickets for entry at the Gate. Your entire party must enter at the same time.

Vancouver: Tickets cannot be transferred to other credit card (if your entire party is not present).

Vancouver: Guests may use personal cameras and mobile phones to take photos within the venue / please refrain from using flash at any point

Vancouver: Cameras measuring more than 3" in length w/lens attached, video cameras or video recording devices (Go Pros) are not permitted.

Vancouver:  Ipads and Tablets will not be permitted into the show.

Vancouver: No in/out privileges will be granted.  Fans that leave the stadium will not be permitted re-entry.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:15:50 PM by therossman »

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
Any news of GA line starting?

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 02:07:27 PM »
Via @bcplace:

U2 THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017 AT BC PLACE, VANCOUVER, CANADA
GUEST INFORMATION & FAQ
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GUESTS – PLEASE READ**
ARRIVE EARLY! DUE TO ENHANCED ENTRY PROCEDURES FOR SAFETY, SECURITY AND CREDIT CARD ENTRY PROCESSING, ANTICIPATE POSSIBLE WAIT TIMES AT GATES.
Entry to the venue
 Doors open at 5.30pm. Arrive early!
 Credit card entry: see next page for details.
 General Admission (GA) Floor Tickets must enter at Gate E only. VIP entrance is at Gate
B.
 All other guests enter at Gates A, B, H & G.
 Please note Gates C, D and F are not open for entry.

 Guests in wheelchairs, or requiring assistance with mobility are recommended to use the Accessible Entrance located on Pacific Blvd. underneath Gate E.
 Floor access is restricted to GA Floor ticket holders – no seating is provided.
 It is recommended that you do not bring bags or back packs, and arrive early to ensure the
most efficient access to the venue.
 All guests and their belongings are subject to search. Bags larger than 14” x 14” x 6” are not
permitted.
 PLEASE NOTE: NO IN/OUT PRIVILEGES. ONCE YOU LEAVE THE STADIUM, YOU WILL
NOT BE ALLOWED TO RE-ENTER.
 CREDIT CARD ENTRY PROCEDURE
Guests who purchased tickets with Credit Card Entry please note:
 The card used to buy your ticket is your ticket. If you no longer have the credit card used to
purchase your tickets, contact Ticketmaster immediately: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
service.html
 All of your party must be present at entry. Everyone must enter together.
 Present the credit card used to purchase your tickets along with once piece of photo ID.
 For additional info, visit: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    Accessibility
 Guests in wheelchairs, or requiring assistance with mobility, are recommended to use the Accessible Entrance located on Pacific Blvd. below Gate E.
 Accessible parking is limited. Guests in wheelchairs, or requiring assistance with mobility, are encouraged to use the Drop-off/Entrance located off of Terry Fox Way and Pacific Boulevard at Street Level, below Gate E.
 Certified Assistance Dogs are welcome.
 Designated seating areas for any patrons requiring wheelchair or special seating consideration
must be coordinated through Ticketmaster in advance.
Picking Up Your Tickets at the Venue
 For guests that do not already have possession of their tickets, it is very important that tickets are collected in advance to avoid lineups on the day of the show.
 Your confirmation number, photo ID, and the credit card used to purchase the tickets are required to pick up tickets
 The Ticketmaster Box Office at BC Place is located at 765 Pacific Blvd is open Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm to collect and purchase tickets before and on the day-of-show. In addition
to the Ticketmaster Box Office, Gates A, B, D, G, and H will be open to pick up previously
purchased print-on-demand tickets on the day-of-show, May 12.
 If someone has left hard-copy tickets for you to pick-up, please go to the Gate H ticket booth to
collect.
Arriving by Transit
There are two ways to access BC Place from the Stadium/Chinatown Skytrain.
 To access Gates A, B, G and H, exiting the Skytrain platform on Beatty Street. Head left along
Beatty Street. Gates A, B, G and H are just a short walk along Beatty Street.
 Or, to access Gate E, exit the Skytrain platform onto Expo Boulevard. BC Place is just a short
walk to the right along Expo Boulevard.
For those traveling by bus, all suburban services connect with downtown Vancouver’s #15 and #17 buses, which provide the closest drop-off services to BC Place.
Translink’s customer information number is: 604.953.3333 or visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Directions to the Venue
Please reference Google maps for directions to the venue: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you are planning to drive, we encourage you to carpool and ensure you have a designated driver for the night!
Bike Valet
For those fans who would like to ride their bike to the stadium, complimentary and secure bike parking is provided by The Bike Valet located outside the stadium between Gates C and D. For more details, visit thebicyclevalet.ca
Guest Services and Ticketing Issues
Guest service attendants will be located outside at ALL Gates and inside at Section(s) 103, 209, 248, 446 and 452.
Alcohol Policy
Stadium Staff work hard to promote safe and responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. BC Place reserves the right to refuse alcohol service to any guest. All guests who appear under the age of 30 will be required to show valid ID. Guests serving alcohol to minors will be subject to arrest. Draught beer will be served to a maximum of 24 oz. per person, per transaction. Alcohol is not permitted to be brought into the stadium. Guests attempting to bring alcohol into the stadium will be denied entry or removed. Any guest that is denied entry or removed for any violation of facility rules will not be issued a refund.
Alcohol Service Times
Service times for alcohol will be announced during the event. Service times are subject to change and Management reserves the right to stop alcohol service at its discretion.
Water Bottle Policy
To help reduce our waste and recycling footprint, plastic personal re-usable water bottles are permitted. These plastic bottles (no metal or glass bottles) must be empty upon entry and can be filled at water fountains once inside the stadium.
ATMs
For your convenience there will be ATM machines throughout the venue. Please ask stadium Hosts for the ATM nearest to your location.

Smoking Policy
Smoking of any kind (including e-cigarettes) is prohibited on stadium property including external plazas. There are no designated smoking areas. There are no in and out privileges once in the stadium except for emergency purposes.
Camera & Tablets Policy
Guests may use personal cameras and mobile phones to take photos within the venue, however, to avoid distracting the artist and your fellow guests, please refrain from using flash at any point during the performance.
Cameras measuring more than 3 inches in length with lens attached, video cameras or video recording devices (Go Pros) are not permitted at the show. Ipads and Tablets will not be permitted into the show. Management reserves the right to restrict any items they deem inadmissible.
Sign Policy
Signs larger than 12 inches square will not be permitted, all messaging on signs will be reviewed by security on entry.
Prohibited Items
** Due to these safety and security procedures, we strongly recommend guests arrive early** Please be aware that bags will be subject to inspection upon entry.
The following items are prohibited: alcoholic beverages, bottles, cans, cameras measuring more than 3 inches in length with lens attached, selfie sticks, food products, professional recording devices (video and audio), ipads or tablets, weapons, laser pointers, pressurized air-horns, and any other items illegal, deemed to be a risk or a projectile. Persons possessing any of these items may be denied entry or subject to removal. Exceptions may be made for those with medical requirements and/or special requirements. Persons denied entry or removed for any violation of facility rules will not be issued a refund. Bags larger than 14’’x 14’’x 6’’ are not permitted into the stadium. Small bags are subject to search prior to entering the stadium and guests are subject to pat down searches for event entry.
Prohibited items are subject to change and security measures may be increased without notice. These measures may include, but are not limited to a more thorough search of persons and property including a more thorough pat down procedure.
Bags and Bag Search
For ease of access, guests are encouraged not to bring bags to the stadium. Bags larger than
14’’ x 14’’ x 6’’ are not permitted into the stadium. Special considerations will be made for guests with special medical needs and parents caring for infants. All spectators are subject to a patdown upon entry into BC Place, and all bags smaller than 14’’x14’’x6’’ will be inspected prior to entry.
Security measures may be increased without notice. These procedures may include, but are not limited to, a more thorough search of persons and property.
Due to these safety and security procedures, we strongly recommend guests arrive early.
Food and beverage
BC Place will be serving a range of food and beverage throughout the evening. Guests with GA Floor Tickets may access the Level 200 food and beverage concessions. Note, a wristband is required for re-entry to the floor section.
Permanent concession stands accept credit and cash payment. Debit cards are not accepted. Express or Portable stands accept cash only. The majority of our concession serviceware (plates, bowl, napkins etc.) is either recyclable or compostable. We ask you to please help us reduce our environmental footprint and use the appropriate bins when tossing your waste.
Guest Assistance - BC Place Fan Force
Fan Force Guest Relations staff will on hand to help make your experience as memorable as possible. If you require assistance during the concert call 604-661-3434 or email You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For enquiries after an event please contact 604-669-2300.
BC Place is available on Twitter for guest service inquiries at @BCPlace.
Additional Questions
If there are any additional questions that are not covered in this list – please visit the website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Under ‘About Us’, ‘Contact Us’.
Or email: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 05:10:13 PM »
Via @bcplace on Red Zone:

Yes, Red Zone enter at GATE B. Once you're inside, there will be signage directing you to the floor. Enjoy!

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 05:13:59 PM »
The latest on the GA line-up via @ATU2's Sherry:

Vancouver GA line check-in has started. Meet up by gate D & get your #. Check-ins are 7am & 7pm through Thurs. Final check-in is 6am Friday.

Vancouver: GA line anticipate rain on Friday - bring a yoga mat or something for your bum. No chairs allowed in line in Friday.

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 11:50:36 PM »

Vancouver GA line check-in has started. Meet up by gate D & get your #. Check-ins are 7am & 7pm through Thurs. Final check-in is 6am Friday.

Vancouver: GA line anticipate rain on Friday - bring a yoga mat or something for your bum. No chairs allowed in line in Friday.

How does the "check in" work? Is it show up, get a number, then come back at the next time? So basically, you can go home and come back? Is the venue following their line?

Offline U2Zone

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 10:09:39 AM »
Yes, you can leave in between check in times, but after the final check in time, you are expected to stay.  The venue has nothing to do with the line, it's up to the people and honour and obey the number system in place.

Offline mr_perfect

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 10:11:09 AM »
wtf why no chairs???

Offline U2Zone

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 10:14:30 AM »

Is there a line up expected for Red Zone ticket holders?

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »
Yes, you can leave in between check in times, but after the final check in time, you are expected to stay.  The venue has nothing to do with the line, it's up to the people and honour and obey the number system in place.

If the venue has nothing to do with it, then other fans don't have to follow it and can just go to the front of the actual line when people are allowed on property, no?

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »

If the venue has nothing to do with it, then other fans don't have to follow it and can just go to the front of the actual line when people are allowed on property, no?
One would think. I was caught in this mess years ago in Detroit not knowing there was already a "designated line in place  with a numbering system". Some (not all) not very nice.   I wasn't happy to show up at 6am and having people showing up hours later having been "numbered" the day before and just walking right ahead of me...and others.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:22:58 AM by Kmama07 »

Offline marzidog

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 12:51:38 PM »
I get the frustration some have with the GA line situation, but in my experience the fans who run the line (and I'm not one of them) are really trying to make it easy for the rest of us, not harder.  The line isn't a secret and anyone can get a number.  I for one have no intention of standing in line for two days, I have young kids and can't.  But I do think it's a reasonable compromise to come down at least once a day and check in with the line organizer to hold my spot. The line organizers are also checking in with the venue, security, law enforcement so that the line can exist in the first place and most of us don't have any interest in doing that.  My experience has been that the last check in is early in the morning the day of the show and that there are very few people outside of the numbering system there yet (at least that was the case for 360).  If you don't show up (and there will be some) then you lose your spot.  This isn't a perfect system but one that I can live with. I hope everyone enjoys the show(s)! 

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 01:42:45 PM »
I get the frustration some have with the GA line situation, but in my experience the fans who run the line (and I'm not one of them) are really trying to make it easy for the rest of us, not harder.  The line isn't a secret and anyone can get a number.  I for one have no intention of standing in line for two days, I have young kids and can't.  But I do think it's a reasonable compromise to come down at least once a day and check in with the line organizer to hold my spot. The line organizers are also checking in with the venue, security, law enforcement so that the line can exist in the first place and most of us don't have any interest in doing that.  My experience has been that the last check in is early in the morning the day of the show and that there are very few people outside of the numbering system there yet (at least that was the case for 360).  If you don't show up (and there will be some) then you lose your spot.  This isn't a perfect system but one that I can live with. I hope everyone enjoys the show(s)!

I don't understand. How is it a line if people aren't waiting though? Checking in at time intervals is not a line. It just complicates things. The perfect system should be strictly get in line and if you leave, you lose your spot. The venue has yet to say anything about this "line"

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »
The latest via bcplace.com:

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

Offline DCexplorer

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 03:21:24 PM »
I have a friend there now. She was issued a line number Tuesday around noon for the Friday night show. She has to check in twice a day to maintain her spot in line.
I would like to know for how long, or for how many, are line spot numbers given out before they give up and make everybody line up and stay there.