Author Topic: New rumor- may 28th Las Vegas- concert dvd  (Read 3387 times)

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
Re: New rumor- may 28th Las Vegas- concert dvd
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 04:23:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Saw the opening of Pop Mart at Sam Boyd, that Stadium is not that big, which for me would be great for a concert.  I prefer smaller arenas to stadiums like many, but Sam Boyd is not that big compared to Soldier Field or Rose Bowl, so a concert there would be great.

The infamous night they stopped mid-song and had "a little family row" due to the messed up pacing. Rehearsing in front of the world.

I must have missed this story?

probably U2's most well known live snafu.  There are others but this has always gotten the most attention, for many reasons.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 07:35:13 PM »
Saw the opening of Pop Mart at Sam Boyd, that Stadium is not that big, which for me would be great for a concert.  I prefer smaller arenas to stadiums like many, but Sam Boyd is not that big compared to Soldier Field or Rose Bowl, so a concert there would be great.

The infamous night they stopped mid-song and had "a little family row" due to the messed up pacing. Rehearsing in front of the world.

probably U2's most well known live snafu.  There are others but this has always gotten the most attention, for many reasons.

Yikes. That's just gross.

Offline shanep

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 08:53:34 PM »
They had a hard time figuring out the opening timing of SATS full band.

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »
I will certainly buy a Blu Ray of this tour and I will bet $100 they release something.

The last tour's Blu Ray audio.... was fantastic.  I hope they use the same mix guys... it blows away most of their albums.

I do listen through very high end HD audio equipment and if you do too.... you already know what I'm talking about.  Peace.

What is your HD audio system of choice by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mofospacejunk

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 10:00:43 PM »

Still sounds better than Raised by Wolves :)

Waffles

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 10:30:22 PM »

I'm just gonna leave this here...sounds better to me

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 10:16:16 AM »

I'm just gonna leave this here...sounds better to me
That's so much better than the studio recording.

Another example of this in NLOTH: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 11:18:14 AM »

Yeah, that was pretty awkward to watch. I don't know why they didn't work more on that song prior to the tour. Or maybe they did and it just did not come together.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »

Yeah, that was pretty awkward to watch. I don't know why they didn't work more on that song prior to the tour. Or maybe they did and it just did not come together.
They didn't have enough time to rehearse. That entire show is a mess.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »

Which begs the question, why did they schedule these shows without proper rehearsal time? I can't imagine being in a band of that level and having to wing it as they did. At best, you might be able to get through the show without many noticeable mistakes. At worst, you're going to embarrass yourselves.

I think they learned from that lesson and consequently played it safe on future albums/tours.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 12:43:32 PM »

Which begs the question, why did they schedule these shows without proper rehearsal time? I can't imagine being in a band of that level and having to wing it as they did. At best, you might be able to get through the show without many noticeable mistakes. At worst, you're going to embarrass yourselves.

I think they learned from that lesson and consequently played it safe on future albums/tours.

They'd done this sort of thing before - as soon as TUF was finished they flew to Australasia to begin a tour they'd already booked; they had to learn how to play the songs for that album as the tour progressed, and they even had to re-learn how to play the old songs so some of the shows sounded a bit rough to start with, but they were relatively small shows, not in a stadium.   

Again on the Zooropa tour, which was in stadia, they introduced songs from the new album as the tour progressed, but only 1 or 2 a night, and I remember that working.  I think they just over-ran Pop and assumed they'd get away with it again, but alas it didn't work out. 

Offline pdk

• Refugee
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2017, 01:28:56 PM »
I will certainly buy a Blu Ray of this tour and I will bet $100 they release something.

The last tour's Blu Ray audio.... was fantastic.  I hope they use the same mix guys... it blows away most of their albums.

I do listen through very high end HD audio equipment and if you do too.... you already know what I'm talking about.  Peace.

What is your HD audio system of choice by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

My consumer grade system is built around the Sony STR-DN1070.

It's fantastic.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »

They'd done this sort of thing before - as soon as TUF was finished they flew to Australasia to begin a tour they'd already booked; they had to learn how to play the songs for that album as the tour progressed, and they even had to re-learn how to play the old songs so some of the shows sounded a bit rough to start with, but they were relatively small shows, not in a stadium.   

Again on the Zooropa tour, which was in stadia, they introduced songs from the new album as the tour progressed, but only 1 or 2 a night, and I remember that working.  I think they just over-ran Pop and assumed they'd get away with it again, but alas it didn't work out. 

Yeah, I don't think there was much pressure to include the Zooropa songs anyway.  It was still basically the same Zoo TV show they'd been doing, and that was still basically the Achtung Baby tour.  They could ease in a song or two once they were confident enough in them.  I was actually fairly surprised at how much of Zooropa was played during the Sydney show.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 02:37:59 PM »

Yeah, I don't think there was much pressure to include the Zooropa songs anyway.  It was still basically the same Zoo TV show they'd been doing, and that was still basically the Achtung Baby tour.  They could ease in a song or two once they were confident enough in them.  I was actually fairly surprised at how much of Zooropa was played during the Sydney show.

Agree about the lack of pressure: people bought tickets to see the Zoo TV show, and Zooropa wasn't even released until some point into the tour.  If anything the album was seen as something to support the Zoo TV concept and tour.  Obviously Popmart was themed around the new album in 1997 and so they had to include more new songs.

You're right that they included quite a chunk of Zooropa by the time they went down under, but I preferred the European set which had songs like Ultraviolent instead of Lemon (great song, but not so good live), and Bad rather than Dirty Day (again, a great song but I prefer Bad).  Also they ditched Desire for Daddy's Gonna pay for Your Crashed Car, which is not a very memorable U2 song.  Would be nice if one day they released a concert from the European or American legs of Zoo TV so we can enjoy the earlier setlists.

Waffles

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 01:27:33 AM »

Agree about the lack of pressure: people bought tickets to see the Zoo TV show, and Zooropa wasn't even released until some point into the tour.  If anything the album was seen as something to support the Zoo TV concept and tour.  Obviously Popmart was themed around the new album in 1997 and so they had to include more new songs.

You're right that they included quite a chunk of Zooropa by the time they went down under, but I preferred the European set which had songs like Ultraviolent instead of Lemon (great song, but not so good live), and Bad rather than Dirty Day (again, a great song but I prefer Bad).  Also they ditched Desire for Daddy's Gonna pay for Your Crashed Car, which is not a very memorable U2 song.  Would be nice if one day they released a concert from the European or American legs of Zoo TV so we can enjoy the earlier setlists.

Did anyone else notice the GA fight going on at 7:10?