Author Topic: Something needs to be done about Ticketmaster  (Read 3675 times)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Something needs to be done about Ticketmaster
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2017, 09:55:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If tickets are CC entry only, how are there resale tickets on Ticketmaster?

That's a very good question. Scalpers used to get around it with pre=paid debit cards and ticket takers being lazy about checking IDs, but I heard TM did way with that payment option. I have no clue how they are getting around it off TM. On TM, I guess TM changes the information, since it is still in house. What I mean is, when I buy the ticket with my name and credit card, and I 'transfer' it to you on the TM re-sale site, they change the purchase info to your name and credit card.

How they get around that on sites like StubHub, etc., I have no clue.

So, is it still safe to buy resale tix on TM?? I did this for SOI and had no problem. and got great seats...for less than the venue wanted.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2017, 10:02:26 AM »

That's a very good question. Scalpers used to get around it with pre=paid debit cards and ticket takers being lazy about checking IDs, but I heard TM did way with that payment option. I have no clue how they are getting around it off TM. On TM, I guess TM changes the information, since it is still in house. What I mean is, when I buy the ticket with my name and credit card, and I 'transfer' it to you on the TM re-sale site, they change the purchase info to your name and credit card.

So, is it still safe to buy resale tix on TM?? I did this for SOI and had no problem. and got great seats...for less than the venue wanted.

Nice, how long did you wait to get them? Right now prices are way high (like hundreds for the seats that were $35 up top). Closer to the date?

I&e wasn't CC entry, at least not in NY, but i'm sure if its through Ticketmaster they'd transfer the Credit Card to the one you use. There are also tickets on the secondary sites like StubHub, I'm not sure how that would work though...

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »

Nice, how long did you wait to get them? Right now prices are way high (like hundreds for the seats that were $35 up top). Closer to the date?

I&e wasn't CC entry, at least not in NY, but i'm sure if its through Ticketmaster they'd transfer the Credit Card to the one you use. There are also tickets on the secondary sites like StubHub, I'm not sure how that would work though...
The tickets had been on sale for about 3 weeks when I bought the resale. My tickets were $168 each, compared to $290-something from the venue!