Author Topic: U2 did not sell out  (Read 5109 times)

Offline mikepd

• Stateless
Re: U2 did not sell out
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2017, 12:14:31 PM »
looks like none of the extra dates have sold out yet - surprising

Offline John Galt

• Running to Stand Still
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2017, 12:38:01 PM »
Oh yes they did.  With ATYCLB.

Offline jrodr079

• Stateless
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »
Tampa has hundreds and hundreds (maybe a thousand) of tickets still available.

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2017, 03:50:44 PM »
This band just sold out two night at a venue that holds 100,000 people. I think they are doing just fine.

Offline jrodr079

• Stateless
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2017, 04:01:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Available seats in blue. These are all face value, not resale. As you can see GA is sold out, anywhere else, easy availability.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2017, 05:48:36 PM »
jrodr - those are all resale, plus a smaller number of Platinum/VIP.

Offline Saint1322

• Numb
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2017, 05:57:44 PM »

Did you actually zoom in and look at the sections? A few hundred tops. All nosebleeds. They'll sell.

Offline octoberreckoning

• Babyface
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2017, 06:27:58 PM »
This band just sold out two night at a venue that holds 100,000 people. I think they are doing just fine.
If you are referring to the Rose Bowl, capacity is 104,000 for football, but 60,000 for concerts.
The TM seating chart reflects 2/3 of the stadium being utilized.
For the second show there still are a large number of general sale tickets (blue dots) available. The red dots reflect resale tickets.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:31:49 PM by octoberreckoning »

Waffles

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2017, 06:32:34 PM »
If you are referring to the Rose Bowl, capacity is 104,000 for football, but 60,000 for concerts.
The TM seating chart reflects 2/3 of the stadium being utilized.
For the second show there still are a large number of general sale tickets (blue dots) available. The red dots reflect resale tickets.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Every tour is like this. By the day of the concert, every single seat will be gone. Any blue dot was terribly priced to begin with. I don't agree with $155 for a stadium

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2017, 03:28:23 AM »
the amount of tickets being touted through ticketmaster et al on that graphic is quite stunning....

Offline tigerfan41

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2017, 09:43:03 PM »
Pittsburgh still has a ridiculous amount of tickets available--3,100 GA at last check (earlier today) and even lots of the $35 tickets. I am guessing this is due to it being a week night and also them coming to Cleveland (on a Saturday) less than a month later.

It's a good thing for me, since I might end up doing Pittsburgh instead of Chicago (cheaper and seems like it'll be less crowded, so a better chance at being front row). But hoping the show moves more tickets as it gets closer to the date.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • Ill see you again when the stars fall from the sky
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2017, 11:16:46 PM »
Yeah tickmaster is taking the tout market in house...

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2017, 02:47:39 AM »

Given the value of the pound is tanking against the dollar, in the future you and legions of other Americans will probably end up coming to the UK to see gigs - our U2 crowds are already international but they'll probably become more so now.  Given I like international crowds this is not something I am going to complain about.  And nor, I suspect, is an tha given his international tastes in cuisine (listed above) and the staff he hires  ;)

Well hopefully it doesn't tank too much for you guys! Who knows, with our current political state, we may very well have issues of our own with the value of our dollar!

I actually recently looked up what it would cost roundtrip to fly to Dublin from Chicago. It was less than $650 per person, which really surprised me since that's less than a trip to Hawaii (expensive). Definitely seems like a very doable trip for me within the next year or two. Taking in a U2 concert would just be a bonus.

Dublin is 2 hours closer than Hawaii I reckon... So not that much of a surprise...

Offline trevgreg

• Numb
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2017, 07:32:19 AM »
How do other stadium acts stack up in terms of the 'blue dot' availability? (i.e., Coldplay, Guns n' Roses, etc.)

Offline cocamojoe

• Stateless
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2017, 09:35:59 AM »
How do other stadium acts stack up in terms of the 'blue dot' availability? (i.e., Coldplay, Guns n' Roses, etc.)
I saw both Guns N Roses and Coldplay last year, both in Pittsburgh. Coldplay played the hockey arena, selling out with somewhere between 14,000-15,000 tickets, grossing a little bit over $1.6 million. Guns N Roses played Heinz Field, where U2 will be in June (and, where they also played in 2011 news the end of the 360 Tour). According to stats posted on the Wikipedia page for the tour, there were exactly 3,000 unsold tickets (39,120 out of an available 42,120), still grossing close to $4 million. In 2015, The Rolling Stones played the same stadium, selling all available tickets (over 54,000), grossing over $9 million. U2 also soldout there in 2011, selling a similar amount of tickets, closer to 56,000, grossing a bit over $5 million.

As I recall, that U2 was also slow to sellout. IMO, with Cleveland only being 2 hours away, and with barely a month between the two shows, replete with their being smaller population centers when compared to many of the other areas where they're booked, is largely why it's been a slow sell. When all is said and done, though, I'm confident that it'll either be a sellout crowd, or damn close (like with Guns N Roses last year).