Author Topic: Looking for photo of my wife onstage with Bono  (Read 806 times)

Offline macjoneslawyer

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Looking for photo of my wife onstage with Bono
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:26:48 PM »
For the last couple of years I have been trying to find a photograph of my wife (then aged 16) on stage with Bono during the Joshua tree tour.

The show was at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 13th June 1987; the day the Pogues and Lou Reed supported.

I wasn't actually at that show myself so I have no idea if any other females were on stage that day.

However, my wife remembers distinctly that Bono pinched her baseball cap and didn't return it. She would have had long hair and is stunningly beautiful (not biased honestly)

If anyone has a photo of the two of them on stage could you please get in touch with me (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

It's my wife's birthday on 25th June and I'm taking her to the Boston show that day - it would be great if I could give her a framed photo on her birthday.

Please free free to share this point amongst in any U2 forum etc

Thanks
Richard

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
Re: Looking for photo of my wife onstage with Bono
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 11:29:56 PM »
I'm sorry I can't help but that would be a unique birthday present for sure.

And at least Bono only pinched her baseball cap.

Waffles

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 11:36:47 PM »
Looks like you'll have to do it again on the next JT tour

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:31:28 AM »
Have you tried any of the sites out there that keep an archive of setlists of shows/reviews from people there etc..?

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 07:36:22 AM »
I was at the show myself, but don't remember your wife - was a long time ago and I am sure she was/is stunningly beautiful like you say  :P

I do recall there were advertisements in the music press for those who wanted to buy professional photographs of the show, but I think those companies only got to photograph the first 3 or 4 songs.  I expect your wife was dragged out later than that. 

There were about 80,000 people there so a photo is bound to be out there somewhere.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 10:35:26 AM »
U2tours might help you. That and U2torrents both have pictures included in their databases.

Offline Samdoyle1987

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 05:16:08 AM »
This guy appears to have some pictures of that concert. Maybe try contact him. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login