Author Topic: Clayton RS interview  (Read 5570 times)

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland
Re: Clayton RS interview
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Of course great lyrics are important.

What would you rather have, Bono contemplating lost innocence stating 'Still looking for the face I had before the world was made' or him mindlessly warbling "this is a soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong for someone, this is a sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong for someone".

Or 'a face not spoilt by beauty'..... ffs.

The sh***ier the lyrics, the sh***ier the song. Bono has regressed in latter years to sixth form poetry d*****bag.

Wow! You have some passionate feelings about the current state of U2. It's all subjective anyhow. I actually enjoy the lyrics in Song For Someone. But hey, we all have our own preferences.

As a fan I am as critical as they come when the band makes an odd move, but I love "Song for Someone".

Same here. I am very critical but have a weak spot for that song. Still not sure why and I've been trying to figure that out for 2 years now.  ;)

If loving SFS is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2017, 04:34:06 AM »

What would you rather have, Bono contemplating lost innocence stating 'Still looking for the face I had before the world was made' or him mindlessly warbling "this is a soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong for someone, this is a sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong for someone".

The sh***ier the lyrics, the sh***ier the song. Bono has regressed in latter years to sixth form poetry d*****bag.

Wow! You have some passionate feelings about the current state of U2. It's all subjective anyhow. I actually enjoy the lyrics in Song For Someone. But hey, we all have our own preferences.

As a fan I am as critical as they come when the band makes an odd move, but I love "Song for Someone".

Same here. I am very critical but have a weak spot for that song. Still not sure why and I've been trying to figure that out for 2 years now.  ;)

It is a sweet song. Nothing wrong with having some sweetness in your heart.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2017, 07:27:03 AM »

It was probably my least favorite off SOI and still ranks towards the bottom, but it admittedly grew on me a bit after seeing a few of the shows in 2015.

Rock n roll isn't like a broadway musical or opera for me - perfect singing or playing is not a necessity at all

Or doing nothing but ambient tracks or avoiding pop hooks solely in the name of hipster street cred... for me anyway.

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2017, 08:37:23 AM »

It was probably my least favorite off SOI and still ranks towards the bottom, but it admittedly grew on me a bit after seeing a few of the shows in 2015.

Rock n roll isn't like a broadway musical or opera for me - perfect singing or playing is not a necessity at all

Or doing nothing but ambient tracks or avoiding pop hooks solely in the name of hipster street cred... for me anyway.

'Hipster street cred'?....you'll need to explain what you are getting at there.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »

It's a very simple song, musically and lyrically, but sweet like you say.  I have a soft spot for it too, and the "face not spoiled by beauty" line is ambiguous and I like it.

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2017, 12:04:40 PM »

It's a very simple song, musically and lyrically, but sweet like you say.  I have a soft spot for it too, and the "face not spoiled by beauty" line is ambiguous and I like it.

when you sang it down the phone to me the other night i have to say my appreciation of it changed....

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2017, 12:09:45 PM »

when you sang it down the phone to me the other night i have to say my appreciation of it changed....

Keep the compliments flowing and I just may leave my vinyl and CD copies of PJ Harvey's "Dry" with the demos to you in my will

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »

Keep the compliments flowing and I just may leave my vinyl and CD copies of PJ Harvey's "Dry" with the demos to you in my will

OH MY LOVER!!!!

Have i told you lately..... :)

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »

So what an tha is saying is, if you sing Elevation to him, his appreciation of it just might change.  ;)

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2017, 12:26:48 PM »

So what an tha is saying is, if you sing Elevation to him, his appreciation of it just might change.  ;)

He's good (really good) but he isn't a miracle worker!

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2017, 12:29:16 PM »

Gonna take photos of the PJ Harvey rarities and snapchat them to you - and I'll expect you to sing Elevation to me

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »

Gonna take photos of the PJ Harvey rarities and snapchat them to you - and I'll expect you to sing Elevation to me

don't tell anyone....but deal!

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2017, 01:30:08 PM »

don't tell anyone....but deal!

No fun in it if I can't record it and play it back to our friends - so NO DEAL.