Poll

How many shows are you attending this tour?

16 (12.8%)
40 (32%)
40 (32%)
16 (12.8%)
8 (6.4%)
5 or more
5 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: March 09, 2017, 03:40:38 AM

Author Topic: How many shows are you going to this time?  (Read 2720 times)

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
How many shows are you going to this time?
« on: January 28, 2017, 03:40:38 AM »
U2 are one of the only bands that I love to see multiple times during a tour. I went to 8 on 360, then 5 on ie tour, this time due to family holidays I am going to 3, London1 Paris 2 and Brussels.

Some people say, why do you go to see the same show so many times, for me the experience is always different and it is U2, the best live band in the world !!!

I would love to hear how many shows everyone else is going to....

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
Re: How many shows are you going to this time?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 04:36:24 AM »
Sad to say, zero.

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 05:14:42 AM »
London & Dublin i would do more but am going too see GnR & they all fall around same time
The wknd London is going to be epic GnR in Paris 7th U2 8th maybe even Hyde Park 9th.....

Online Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 07:24:59 AM »

Offline podiumboy

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 07:47:39 AM »
Only one in Cleveland.  I was also going to go to Pittsburgh, but have tickets to Tom Petty in Columbus the same day.  It was a lot easier to go to multiple shows before I had a wife and kids.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 09:40:28 AM »
1. Hard to justify going to more with the cost of tickets. I don't mind floor but my buddies don't and my wife is short, so that leaves me with the $300 seat option. I won't sit far away in a stadium and just watch a screen, I can watch them on TV at home.

So I'm going to Vancouver with friends and paying $300. If I wanted to I could go down to Seattle with my wife but then I'm looking at an additional cost of $600 for tickets and at least another $300 for hotel/food. For that extra $900 I can fly with my wife to Vegas for 4 days, which is exactly what I'm going to do.

U2 in their prime were worth going to see multiple shows. They were a once in a lifetime band. For the last decade or so they are a good, but not a all time great live show so for the amount they are charging for good seats I'm fine seeing them once. I'll take a vacation instead of seeing the show a 2nd time.

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
Will be at both London shows but not travelling anywhere else.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »
None at the moment - I decided after 360 that I would not want to see u2 in a stadium again...(for the record i enjoyed the shows indoors on the last tour)..

I may end up being tempted closer to show time - it is like when you say you are going to give up smoking but then have a crafty ciggy at a party or something - temptation gets the better of you.

But as it stands - none.

Offline John Galt

• Running to Stand Still
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 10:21:28 AM »
Stadiums are for sporting events, not musical concerts, so I won't be going to see them this time out.

Having said that, I regret not going to see PopMart at Leeds, but this JT 2.0 tour is not going to be anything like as special as PopMart was.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 10:43:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Stadiums are for sporting events, not musical concerts, so I won't be going to see them this time out.

Having said that, I regret not going to see PopMart at Leeds, but this JT 2.0 tour is not going to be anything like as special as PopMart was.

That roundhay park gig was immense, truly immense

Offline John Galt

• Running to Stand Still
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 10:55:07 AM »

Yeah yeah yeah, I've since seen and heard it numerous times.  No need to rub it in.  I was a hair away from going to see that show.  I was also in Amsterdam the weekend they played the PM show in Rotterdam and was tempted to go down and try and get a ticket for that one too but I was off my head at the time and the people I was with weren't exactly U2 fans. Que sera sera!  Skunk Anansie were the support too ;)

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 11:13:15 AM »

My sis and I were also there and it was an incredible experience, one the best U2 gigs we've ever been to.

We're only going to see U2 in Rome and Dublin this time.It's cost us both a fortune, we're glad we're going but we simply can't afford multiple shows anymore.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »

Yeah yeah yeah, I've since seen and heard it numerous times.  No need to rub it in.  I was a hair away from going to see that show.  I was also in Amsterdam the weekend they played the PM show in Rotterdam and was tempted to go down and try and get a ticket for that one too but I was off my head at the time and the people I was with weren't exactly U2 fans. Que sera sera!  Skunk Anansie were the support too ;)

Skunk Anansie! Love 'em ...

I seem to recall that Rotterdam gif being on bbc 'live' for about half an hour or so....I may have inagined it though/thought I saw it through shall we say a 'fog'...

Offline U2_One

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • You Miss Too Much These Days If You Stop To Think
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 11:14:37 AM »

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 11:15:22 AM »

My sis and I were also there and it was an incredible experience, one the best U2 gigs we've ever been to.

We're only going to see U2 in Rome and Dublin this time.It's cost us both a fortune, we're glad we're going but we simply can't afford multiple shows anymore.

Enjoy shows.

I'd say Leeds probably was the best for me although Parkhead on Zooropa was great as well.