Poll

Assuming they tour Achtung Baby's 30th and play it all, what 2 songs would you want to hear most?

Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
So Cruel
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

Author Topic: If U2 performs all of Achtung Baby in 2021, what would you most want to hear?  (Read 1655 times)

Online imaginary friend

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • take the long way home
I voted for So Cruel and Horses, although if this tour were to actually happen, I'd pass on it just like I'm passing on the upcoming TJT tour.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
Would love to hear So Cruel.  I am supposed to vote for Acrobat as it's never been played, but I adore Ultraviolet.

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Would love to hear So Cruel.  I am supposed to vote for Acrobat as it's never been played, but I adore Ultraviolet.
Yeah, it's pretty tough to beat Ultraviolet, isn't it?

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • On Twitter @ecadad1
I think I'm in the minority and incredibly lucky... I've pretty much heard live all the songs off of Achtung that I want to hear in concert.

I would be thrilled to see them do Ultraviolet.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
I think I'm in the minority and incredibly lucky... I've pretty much heard live all the songs off of Achtung that I want to hear in concert.

I would be thrilled to see them do Ultraviolet.

The only 2 I've never heard them do are So Cruel and Acrobat.  Of the two I think I'd rather hear them do So Cruel.

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Killing My Inspriation And Singing About My Grief
Acrobat and Love Is Blindness

Acrobat is just dying to be played live and I'd love to hear Edge rip out that solo live. Bono could still pull this off today too.

LIB is a gorgeous live song and was an epic closer on Zoo TV. Again, if Edge could include his mesmerising Zoo TV solo then that would be awesome to witness live  ;)

Offline Daniel94

• Refugee
Zoo Station and The Fly

Offline Saint1322

• Running to Stand Still
Acrobat and Ultra Violet. I could see UV at every show from now until doomsday and never get tired of it.

Well, at least we know the band knows we want Acrobat. It'll happen one day.

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
Bono will be, what, 61 by the time Achtung turns 30 (!) - It would sure be interesting to see him do Ultra Violet and The Fly at that point

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
I voted for Zoo Station (and I would prefer it to be first on the setlist, complete with the grand entrance that U2 are so good at), and Love is Blindness.

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
If they do tour the whole album in 2021, I wonder if they'd release a newly recorded version of Acrobat with new vocals/lyrics by Bono just like they are doing with Red Hill Mining Town.

Offline Blueyedboy

• Numb
  • Embrace the challenge
Has any other U2 song improved with age as much as The Fly?

LightMyWay92

From my point of view, "Ultraviolet" is one of the best songs of U2's career.  I've never gotten tired of it, and I doubt I ever will. It's epic, urgent and beautiful. 

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
From my point of view, "Ultraviolet" is one of the best songs of U2's career.  I've never gotten tired of it, and I doubt I ever will. It's epic, urgent and beautiful.
Yes, the desperation is so strong...such a wonderful emotion when used as it is in Ultraviolet.

Online imaginary friend

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • take the long way home
Has any other U2 song improved with age as much as The Fly?

Yes, many others have.