Poll

Assuming they tour Achtung Baby's 30th and play it all, what 2 songs would you want to hear most?

Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
So Cruel
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

Author Topic: If U2 performs all of Achtung Baby in 2021, what would you most want to hear?  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
So Cruel and TTTYAATW

I like Acrobat a lot but I'm not obsessed with hearing it. It's probably my least favorite on AB. Bring on the hate. :-X

Offline mrsamrocks2

• Numb
I'm not a big fan of nostalgia tours like TJT tour or this, but I voted for Zoo Station and Ultraviolet. WGRYWH is close 3rd.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
WGRYWH and Love Is Blindness

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • I'm a long way from your hill of calvary
Of course, it's acrobat. By a landslide.

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
No love for Mysterious Ways in the polls?

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Folks around here seem to be burnt out on it. I still enjoy the song, but I can understand a song getting old if it's played at literally every concert.

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless

Folks around here seem to be burnt out on it. I still enjoy the song, but I can understand a song getting old if it's played at literally every concert.
LOL just like with "Where the Streets" and "Pride". I suppose I could understand, as I'm burnt out on those songs too. But "Mysterious Ways" is just one of those feel good songs that if ever there's a song on the setlist deserving of THAT spot, its that one. Definitely a good one to include in the encore at this point.

Offline mrsamrocks2

• Numb

LOL just like with "Where the Streets" and "Pride". I suppose I could understand, as I'm burnt out on those songs too. But "Mysterious Ways" is just one of those feel good songs that if ever there's a song on the setlist deserving of THAT spot, its that one. Definitely a good one to include in the encore at this point.
MW is great but they need to turn up the backing tracks. The keys and synths are an important part of the song and on the last few tours, we could barely hear them. It makes the song sound a lot weeker. Joe O'Herlihy should listen to some mixes from Zoo TV and Popmart.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
I've never understood the love for acrobat. I guess I don't know, but do they not perform it much? For me its Hirses that I'd love to see

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
I've never understood the love for acrobat. I guess I don't know, but do they not perform it much? For me its Hirses that I'd love to see
I don't think they've ever done Acrobat live...thus the voting results.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
Acrobat has never been played live, but it was soundchecked in Hershey, PA during the Zoo TV tour.

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
Acrobat has never been played live, but it was soundchecked in Hershey, PA during the Zoo TV tour.
Thanks for confirming...that's what I thought. Would  be very nice to hear it, but I'd still rather hear Ultraviolet

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
I'm getting excited for this possibility in 2021.  That's only a few years away when you think about it.  Time flies.  Heck, just a few more after that and maybe we'll get a 2027 40th year anniversary tour for The Joshua Tree played in its entirety!

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
Thanks for confirming...that's what I thought. Would  be very nice to hear it, but I'd still rather hear Ultraviolet

I was lucky enough to hear Ultraviolet at my first U2 concert in '09. It was fantastic. That song remains one of my absolute favorites by them. I hope they resurrect it on a future tour.

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
The whole album, it's a perfect masterpiece. But the one they nail live when they do sporadically play it is "Zoo Station" that accompanied with the incredible beast of a live tune "Until the End of the World" make these two a must for me. I wish they would play Zoo Station more though, i'm glad Until the end of the world has stayed in the set more or less every show since Zoo TV