Poll

Assuming they tour Achtung Baby's 30th and play it all, what 2 songs would you want to hear most?

Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
So Cruel
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

Author Topic: If U2 performs all of Achtung Baby in 2021, what would you most want to hear?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline andrewau2

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The whole album, it's a perfect masterpiece. But the one they nail live when they do sporadically play it is "Zoo Station" that accompanied with the incredible beast of a live tune "Until the End of the World" make these two a must for me. I wish they would play Zoo Station more though, i'm glad Until the end of the world has stayed in the set more or less every show since Zoo TV

True.  Even though they were not singles, they have toured them (especially Until the End of the World) so frequently that they have become classics.  I bet Gone and Last Night on Earth would have gone the same route if U2 kept playing them in subsequent tours.  I can imagine them playing Gone during the 360 tour when Bono came out in his "suit of lights."  I can imagine them playing Last Night on Earth before the intermission of the IE tour when the sky was falling with pages from Alice in Wonderland... 

Offline georgemccauley

• Refugee
The whole album, it's a perfect masterpiece. But the one they nail live when they do sporadically play it is "Zoo Station" that accompanied with the incredible beast of a live tune "Until the End of the World" make these two a must for me. I wish they would play Zoo Station more though, i'm glad Until the end of the world has stayed in the set more or less every show since Zoo TV

True.  Even though they were not singles, they have toured them (especially Until the End of the World) so frequently that they have become classics.  I bet Gone and Last Night on Earth would have gone the same route if U2 kept playing them in subsequent tours.  I can imagine them playing Gone during the 360 tour when Bono came out in his "suit of lights."  I can imagine them playing Last Night on Earth before the intermission of the IE tour when the sky was falling with pages from Alice in Wonderland...

Totally agree, Gone and Last night on earth are great pieces from Pop and they could have become a huge live moment. Gone is high up on my wish list of deep cuts I want to hear live