Author Topic: Louisville, KY, show added!  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
Re: Louisville, KY, show added!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 08:03:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm curious if someone can report on the ticket availability for the Louisville show?  I don't have a fanclub membership, but am debating paying the $50 if ticket availability is good for tickets in the $50-$70 range. Could someone give me an idea of what would be available for 2 tickets in those price ranges?

Thank you!

Looks slow so far. Like I said, RedZone still available at 8:30, lowers right next to the stage, GA. Depending on what you want ...

In that price range, you can get nosebleeds for $35, and I can promise you that you will be able to get all you want Friday. GA is $70 but goes up to $100 with fees, and I think you will be OK to wait on those as well.

It is worth noting that sluggish sales this morning do not indicate the show is going to be a slow seller on Friday. I think most people -- myself included -- in the presale groups have already made their plans and cannot attend this show. I only live 7 hours away from Louisville, but I am still going to be in Tampa from that show two days prior.

So long answer, if I were you, and I want GA or good uppers, I would wait until Friday, but be sure you get in as soon as it goes live.

Offline grease1739

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 08:07:02 AM »
Thank you for the update!  Out of curiosity, do you know how much lower bowl tickets are going for?(I could be convinced to up my price....if the view is worth it). :)

Thanks again!

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 08:21:21 AM »
Thank you for the update!  Out of curiosity, do you know how much lower bowl tickets are going for?(I could be convinced to up my price....if the view is worth it). :)

Thanks again!

I am happy to help; I've been at this for 20 years and I have relied on the sharing of information all along.

This is from the TM page:

Lower Level Seating
US $70.00 - US $280.00
US $70.00 US $280.00

Upper Level Seating
US $35.00 - US $100.00
US $35.00 - US $100.00

General Admission Field - Standing Room Only No Seats
US $70.00
US $70.00

This $70 lowers are probably for the sections directly beside the stage. I know for Tampa those sections carried 'WARNING SIDE VIEW' notes, so if you are concerned about the view, I would steer clear.

Papa John's Stadium is NOT a big place. I am sure it is the smallest venue they are playing in the US. It is also fairly new, so the sightlines should be better than in older facilities. I said that to say, an upper in this stadium is going to be better than an upper in a larger stadium like MetLife in NY/NJ. Metlife seats 82,000 for a football game; PJ Stadium seats 55,000.

All ticket types are still available at 9:30, including Red Zone. This is KILLING ME.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:25:23 AM by Saint1322 »

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 09:46:03 AM »
All ticket types are still available at 9:30, including Red Zone. This is KILLING ME.

How can this be?! Arrghh...I wish I was within driving distance. On a Friday night even........

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »

How can this be?! Arrghh...I wish I was within driving distance. On a Friday night even........

I am telling you how this can be: We all already made plans to see other shows! It will sell like normal on Friday, but among the people who big enough fans to be in the Red Hill group, we've already made plans. That's exactly what is going on. There's no need for anyone to fret about the amount of unsold tickets until Friday. THEN we can talk. :)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 09:57:27 AM »
RedZone still available at noon Eastern. I may throw up.

Offline grease1739

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »
Anyone care to share their presale password with me? (This may be outside the message board rules, so please don't flame me if so). I've never seen U2, and they don't typically get around my neck of the woods, so I'd love the chance to see them!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:02:43 AM by grease1739 »

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:28 AM »
Anyone care to share their presale password with me? (This may be outside the message board rules, so please don't flame me if so). I've never seen U2, and they don't typically get around my neck of the woods, so I'd love the chance to see them. (How much are Redzone seats?)

It isn't outside rules, but we can't do that for two reasons:

1. The presale codes are unique to the person and are sold by U2. Anyone caught monkeying with the system is subject to have their orders deleted.
2. Many of the tickets are credit card entry, which means the person must swipe the card they used to make the purchase to enter the venue. The rules about this have been inconsistent, and you really don't know what sections are CC only and which aren't. It has varied from venue to venue and TM's own information has been wrong.

Your best bet would be to find someone who hasn't used their code yet at all and doesn't plan to, and to then use the code to buy tickets in a section that are NOT credit card entry, which would probably just be the nosebleeds. That way, there's no risk of them losing their other order. For example, I would love to help you out, but I bought tickets for Tampa, and I can't risk having my order deleted because I shared my code. And also, I won't be there to swipe my card for you.

RedZone is $344 before taxes, BTW.

Offline grease1739

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 10:18:08 AM »
I appreciate the explanation.....makes total sense. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone locally who is a fanclub member....decisions, decisions! 

If there is availability in the lower rows of sections 229-231 or 206-208, does anyone mind telling me what those are going for? (I may go ahead with the presale if so).

Thanks again and sorry for being OCD about things....and a little cheap...lol.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 10:26:22 AM »
Right now, the $155 option is pulling up Section 110.
$100 option pulls up Section 118.
$280 is pulling row P of Section 131.

Don't go to court with this, but I would bet the best sections in the 200s -- the ones you mention -- are probably still $280, and the 200s toward the back are $155 or $100. I think that's probably why they aren't pulling up right now; better seats are still available at that $280 price point.

If they change it later today where you can pick your own seat, I will let you know.

RedZone has now sold out.

Offline grease1739

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
Thank you.  I guess I'll wait until Friday unless they allow you to start selecting your specific  seats beforehand.

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 11:32:09 AM »
I can't even get in

Offline grease1739

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 12:06:04 PM »
Any luck?

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 12:43:24 PM »
Nope not in yet, must be a lot of ticket bott U2.com subscribers

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 12:50:41 PM »
Nope not in yet, must be a lot of ticket bott U2.com subscribers

I am sorry you are having trouble. I just got in again with no problem. What browser/device are you using? I am on a PC with Firefox. No issues at all.