Author Topic: Get spoilers or not?  (Read 779 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: Get spoilers or not?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 06:53:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's better if you avoid it all together. It's difficult. But worth it.

That would be my view too

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 07:11:15 AM »
Spoilers for me as well at least in terms of time/setlist. I'm not going to lie. I'm a "traffic beater". As soon as that last song starts, I'm starting to walk and then jog to get out of there. Call me crazy, but beating most people by even 5 minutes means I'm not stuck in the parking lot (or bus line in the case of Soldier Field).

Dude, I did this for Guns N Roses in Pittsburgh last year, and it was amazing. Every night, they closed with Paradise City, and as soon as the second verse started, I said goodbye to my friends, and peaced out. Absolutely zero crowd leaving, and by the time that I exited the stadium, there was a fireworks show which I could see fine enough from the outside.

Also, I NEVER pay for stadium parking. When I saw U2 in 2011 and The Rolling Stones in 2015, both in Heinz Field, I parked in downtown Pittsburgh, and then took the subway. After the show, we just walked. With GnR, I parked on the same side of the river, but about a mile away, so only about a 20 minute walk.

I was driving for Uber and Lyft when I saw GnR, so it was perfect for me, as I was then able to go straight to work, driving drunk fans home, making bank.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 09:53:03 AM »
I will look at the setlists and listen to recordings before I go the show.  It is better to go to the show and be surprised by what they play and the arrangements they use, etc.  but I haven't got the self-discipline to ignore forums/youtube, etc. for the months leading up to my show.

Band t-shirts and merchandise are a rip-off so I never buy that stuff.

Offline bass slap

• Numb
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 11:31:30 AM »
Spoilers for me as well at least in terms of time/setlist. I'm not going to lie. I'm a "traffic beater". As soon as that last song starts, I'm starting to walk and then jog to get out of there. Call me crazy, but beating most people by even 5 minutes means I'm not stuck in the parking lot (or bus line in the case of Soldier Field).
Yup, you're crazy!  ;D

Yup. I never leave a concert early. Doesn't feel complete when I do that.
In my opinion, its downright disrespectful to the artist.

So over the top.. Don't shoot down the guy with common sense.