Poll

A show for the red & the blue or a show to take a role in protest?

A message of community.
A message of protest.
Both.  Not mutually exclusive.

Author Topic: A show for the red & the blue or a show to take a role in protest?  (Read 1032 times)

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
Re: A show for the red & the blue or a show to take a role in protest?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 11:40:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Community.
:P
Oh, oops...I just re-read the o.p.
I voted for what I wanted, not what I thought they would do. So, if I could, I'd change my vote to "both".
Same here.  :o

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »
I chose a message of community... but how about neither?
That's a wish, not a choice! lol

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 11:58:56 AM »
Bono is the master he will make the blues feel like he's on their team and the Reds feel like he's on theirs.  Don't worry everyone that attends will love the show

Offline judgesmails

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 12:10:59 PM »
I really disliked the Dreamforce / Trump version of BTBS, not because of the politics, but just because it seemed forced and clunky (can't think of a better word for it).  I'm fine with whatever political message they want to deliver, but I'm hopeful that it won't be a "conversation" between Bono and a video clip of Trump.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 04:55:10 PM »
I really disliked the Dreamforce / Trump version of BTBS, not because of the politics, but just because it seemed forced and clunky (can't think of a better word for it).  I'm fine with whatever political message they want to deliver, but I'm hopeful that it won't be a "conversation" between Bono and a video clip of Trump.
I've only seen a few seconds of that performance, but from what I have heard, it seems like U2 really just jumped on the Trump Bashing Bandwagon.

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 07:13:31 PM »
If they really cared about community they would ditch the politics and focus solely on the music. I'm not sure how one can bash a country or candidate and then claim they just want to bring people together. I can't speak for everyone but I'm burned out on politics and this election. The last thing I want to hear is more of it.

A-freaking-men.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 07:38:11 PM »
I've only seen a few seconds of that performance, but from what I have heard, it seems like U2 really just jumped on the Trump Bashing Bandwagon.

Watch the Charlie Rose interview with Bono as well as the iHeart interview with Adam/Bono. Plus read Edge's recent interview(s) to see why they did those performances. That's all that I will say as talking politics is not allowed in these forums.

Anyway, I am very interested to see how they play these tour performances. Regardless, it should be a very entertaining tour. I'm really excited to see what sort of stage design they end up using. We know it'll be shaped like the tree, but we don't know what sort of visuals they'll use.

Offline ADDinChicago

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 12:17:28 AM »
I too think a message of community and coming together for the greater good of your fellow man, etc. but you have to think there will be some kind of protest message included as well, but it might be subtle (probably a safe bet).

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 03:37:34 AM »
I too think a message of community and coming together for the greater good of your fellow man, etc. but you have to think there will be some kind of protest message included as well, but it might be subtle (probably a safe bet).

Yes, and i think a good intro will help.