Author Topic: Transformative Live Springsteen Songs  (Read 225 times)

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
Re: Transformative Live Springsteen Songs
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Lost In The Flood is absolutely searing live and made me appreciate the song far more than I had before.

Great call on that one. Very powerful live.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
Re: Transformative Live Springsteen Songs
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 06:26:06 PM »
I've recently started getting more into Springsteen, and I was curious what other songs of his are absolutely transformed live (no fair saying all of them ;)).

I'm talking about songs like Because the Night, or Atlantic City - where it's almost an entirely different song live than on record. Longer, different lyrics, new musical sections, etc.

You know what song is just insanely better live than I initially gave the recorded version credit for? Outlaw Pete. No joking, the recorded version is pretty goofy, but OH MY GOD live it is amazing! I was flabbergasted at how incredible it was the one time I got to hear it live (in Atlanta during the Working On A Dream tour which was coincidentally the same night that my oldest danced with Max and Bruce played Jungleland for my youngest who was celebrating her birthday that night) and I don't think I'll ever get over it.

And as you can imagine, Jungleland, especially on my baby's birthday, was the best thing ever. Even more so know because it was Clarence's last tour. I've got so many Springsteen stories! The dude has been like a fixture in my entire life and it was my kids who ended up practically having a relationship with him.

*shakes head* And I never even got a guitar pick.

I was wondering about Outlaw Pete! On record, you're right, it is an adorably earnest cheesefest. But I have a feeling it takes off live. I'll look for it!

Wow Monica, how cool! How did your kids get so lucky?

I have no idea. Karma has a really odd sense of humor, I guess.