Author Topic: Is U2 not your #1 band?  (Read 1333 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Is U2 not your #1 band?
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 09:14:00 PM »
i mean, where else would i have found the Bono-sang demo of Goldeneye? the HK mixes of Pop? etc.

we may complain about various eras of U2's career, but even the most jaded still love to talk about our personal fav albums

Offline DK46

• Refugee
Re: Is U2 not your #1 band?
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2017, 08:24:21 PM »
I think U2 were my first love, certainly the first band I became super passionate about.  I've been a fan since 2002 and been on and off with them, but I was super into them around 2009.  Radiohead are the other band that I am absolutely in love with and probably my favorite band these days.  I got into them around 2006 or so.  They've had a remarkable career and have been more consistent musically IMO, granted they have fewer albums than U2.  That said, other than Pablo Honey which I like about half of, I generally like to love every one of their records.  I eagerly anticipate every new album from them too.  I do belong to some Radiohead forums as they have a very active online fanbase, albeit Radiohead fans might look down on U2, but I guess it goes both ways.

At the end of the day, these two bands are tremendously important to me and my development.  They opened the doors for discovering so much music in my life.  Of course I love other bands dearly, such as Blur, The Cure, The Pixies and New Order to name a few, but U2 and Radiohead are especially significant.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:25:56 PM by DK46 »