Author Topic: Resale of Red Zone tickets  (Read 865 times)

Offline johnnyrioja

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Resale of Red Zone tickets
« on: February 10, 2017, 06:09:58 AM »
I bought 2 RZ tickets for U2 Dublin but I have now realised I cannot attend.Can RZ tickets be passed on at face value? I have been told that I need to personally pick up the tickets on the day

Offline ADDinChicago

• Babyface
Re: Resale of Red Zone tickets
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 02:59:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I bought 2 RZ tickets for U2 Dublin but I have now realised I cannot attend.Can RZ tickets be passed on at face value? I have been told that I need to personally pick up the tickets on the day

All field tickets appear to be day of type of thing and only by the original purchaser. Even at face value re-sale, this is why they make you pick them up day of, etc. to cut down on scalping (I know you're not looking to do such a thing). I'd contact the ticketing company (I believe it's Live Nation in Europe as well) and explain your issue. It's a long shot, but maybe they can cancel your sale with it being so far out or perhaps they have another remedy.

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:59:03 AM »

I'm currently in the same boat with Levi's Stadium in California. Not that I can't attend, but I decided to go with GA so I'm currently holding four RZ tickets that I don't need. I think I found a friend who wants all four, but we all know the saying... money talks, B.S. walks. I don't expect to be paid for the tickets until I hand them over on the day of the show, so there is nothing I can do but wait.

All RZ tickets are will call pick up on the day of the show. There are NO exceptions. You will have to line up a buyer in advance (preferably) and hand them the tickets at the venue. Either that or just show up and try to find a buyer at the venue. If you can't show up at the venue on the day of the you're probably hosed. The only possible solution is to let a friend borrow your ID and use it to pick up the tickets. As long as the friend is the same gender it might work. I have seen it work before. The employees rarely look closely at ID's to see if your mug matches the ID. They're usually focused on the name.

Sorry about the bad news, but you're an unintended victim of anti-scalping policies.

Offline Saint1322

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:35:49 AM »

I'm currently in the same boat with Levi's Stadium in California. Not that I can't attend, but I decided to go with GA so I'm currently holding four RZ tickets that I don't need. I think I found a friend who wants all four, but we all know the saying... money talks, B.S. walks. I don't expect to be paid for the tickets until I hand them over on the day of the show, so there is nothing I can do but wait.

All RZ tickets are will call pick up on the day of the show. There are NO exceptions. You will have to line up a buyer in advance (preferably) and hand them the tickets at the venue. Either that or just show up and try to find a buyer at the venue. If you can't show up at the venue on the day of the you're probably hosed. The only possible solution is to let a friend borrow your ID and use it to pick up the tickets. As long as the friend is the same gender it might work. I have seen it work before. The employees rarely look closely at ID's to see if your mug matches the ID. They're usually focused on the name.

Sorry about the bad news, but you're an unintended victim of anti-scalping policies.

Just curious ... other than the expense, why would you decide to go with GA instead of RZ?

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 06:46:11 PM »
Just curious ... other than the expense, why would you decide to go with GA instead of RZ?

There is no other reason. RZ is equivalent to GA only with shorter lines and a lot fewer people to deal with. If money is no object there is no reason to go with GA over RZ unless you want to be in a certain spot that doesn't fall within the RZ. Dead center, or something like that.

I just don't feel like spending $350, especially when I can easily get a similar spot on the field if I get in line at 1PM.

If it all goes to helll and I end up with those RZ tickets on the day of the show I will just sell my GA's (which will be pretty easy) and me and my friends will use the RZ tickets at my expense. In hindsight, I should not have accepted the RZ tickets. That's my bad, but at least a scalper didn't get them so there is a silver lining.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:48:08 PM by coldrain85 »

Offline mkcu2war

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »
Which date are your RZ tickets? Got GA for 21st but trying to buy GA or RZ for 20th. Can you help? Thank you

Offline u2fanaticforever

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »
You can resell them on ticketmaster.  Every location is different and has different timing parameters.  I need to sell RZ tickets in Cleveland and there is the option on the ticketmaster site - haven't done so yet as I may still go (going to Louisville in RZ too).  Every location is different.  I also need to sell GA tickets in Philly and was told to wait a couple more weeks and that I will be able to sell them on ticketmaster. 

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 06:46:03 PM »
You can resell them on ticketmaster.  Every location is different and has different timing parameters.  I need to sell RZ tickets in Cleveland and there is the option on the ticketmaster site - haven't done so yet as I may still go (going to Louisville in RZ too).  Every location is different.  I also need to sell GA tickets in Philly and was told to wait a couple more weeks and that I will be able to sell them on ticketmaster.

This is news to me. The whole purpose of "will call only" is so that tickets can't be easily resold (scalped). It's my understanding that RZ tickets for the US leg of the tour are will call only. No exceptions. If this is true, I'm shocked that U2 let Ticketmaster get away with undermining their system for making scalping more difficult.