Author Topic: Sort of new, just want to say HELLO!  (Read 344 times)

Offline jacha77

• Babyface
Sort of new, just want to say HELLO!
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:37:54 PM »
Hi fellow fans!!  I've posted on here before.  Not much.  Here and there.  Fan from Cincinnati OH USA.  I'll be attending the Joshua Tree 2017 show in Tampa FL this upcoming June.  My 4th U2 show.  I wasn't old enough to attend rock concerts until the PopMart Tour.  My very first ever concert was the PopMart show in Columbus OH.  I've been a fan of the band since Rattle and Hum.  What got me was my uncle playing the record (!!!!) in his room.  I heard Desire.  Wanted to know more about this awesome music.  Christmas 1992, my parents got me Achtung Baby on CASSETTE!!! I've been a die hard fan ever since.   I don't mind saying myself that there probably isn't a bigger U2 fan than yours truly here in the heart of America (well at least the Ohio Valley anyway, LOL).  EVERY U2 song has a memory attached to it for me.   Their music is pretty much the soundtrack of my life.  I'm happy to say I've passed it down to my two young daughters.  I have an almost 6 year old and a 3 year old.  They love SOI (Iris, California and Every Breaking Wave).   Anyway, just wanted to send this friendly hello to all my fellow fans around the globe!!  U2 make the world a better place.   These 4 men are a gift.  I'm glad they are around.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
Re: Sort of new, just want to say HELLO!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »
Your story parallels my own.  I have a 8 and 3 year old. Also attending Tampa show.

Offline jacha77

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:26:53 PM »
It will be an incredible show!!

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 12:04:17 AM »
You have a great story, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your show!  :)

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Heard a song that made some sense out of the world
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 04:06:31 AM »
Welcome jacha77. And say hello to Cincinnati from me. I lived and worked there in 1992 and 1993 and during that time I found my favourite band and brought them home to Germany with me. :) :-*
I always liked to get my groceries on Findlay Market. Was a great time there.

Online riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 04:31:45 AM »
Welcome!

Offline jacha77

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 05:01:42 PM »
Thanks everyone!  U2 fans are the greatest!!

Offline cindi

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 11:57:40 AM »
Hi from down the road in Lexington. I was at that popmart show in Columbus--it was my 2nd and it was AMAZING. I about died when the drum line of SBS snuck into Please. And the karaoke song?! So. much. fun.

That show is special in my memory because I won this ridiculous radio contest where they played a 10 second snippet containing 10 songs and you had to name them all, plus the ones before and after and had to be caller 13 or whatever. Got it on my first try. ;) I hear you when you say every song has its own meaning. I count myself so lucky to have them in my life.

Anyway, hi. :)

Online Kmama07

• Party Girl/Boy
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 12:04:38 PM »
Hello! Enjoy Tampa!