Author Topic: Song list  (Read 3375 times)

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Dublin, Chicago 1, Toronto
Re: Song list
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Promising. I would love 5-6 songs from pre-JT, with 1-2 deep cuts, then the JT in sequence, followed by 6 newer songs, with 1-2 deep cuts. And like many people on Facebook were commenting, please Adam don't listen to Bono, allow no political BS and preaching, let us be in the moment with you and enjoy the record for what it was and is.

You expect U2 to not be U2 40 years into being U2? Number 1, U2 have been political since 1983, and Number 2, can you imagine the hell Bono would catch if THIS were the moment he decided to keep his mouth shut about politics?
Yes I am probably dreaming, but I seem to share this dream with more fans than I expected.

My guess is that there will be a tweaked version of that "Liberty" video they did at iHeartRadio and Dreamforce.

Good observation.

Offline mrjones2014

• Babyface
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 04:36:05 PM »
yes, it's legit. it's on u2's official page and adam said its a "happy valentines day" post.

I don't think anyone was questioning whether the photo was legit. We were just wondering whether Adam *realized he was including the set list in the picture.* It's not the focus of the shot and could have been included accidentally. Anyway, glad the boys are getting to work!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »
They did notice the image has now been cropped

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 04:58:02 PM »

what? i'm lookin at it right now on their fb page. it's still the same.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 05:07:54 PM »

Check the IG

Offline zummo

• Babyface
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »
its only cropped on instagram because the photo is square, facebook has a different shaped photo....

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 05:33:30 PM »
its only cropped on instagram because the photo is square, facebook has a different shaped photo....

What's Facebook? Do people even write statuses anymore?

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 05:34:57 PM »

Check the IG

but check the FB

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 05:36:29 PM »

Check the IG

but check the FB

Don't use FB, it sucks.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 05:42:20 PM »
it does? ive never used "IG". i think i know someone that does though. i'll have to ask them.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
Looks like there's at least a few songs before TJT set, then an encore that seems dedicated to AB. If I had to guess, they've probably got at least 8-10 songs in the first setlist before TJT. If you look at the page, it seems like we're only seeing the bottom half of it. It would make sense for them to play a nice long first set, then break into TJT with one of their most epic concert songs. Finishing with AB makes sense, too, since that album came right after TJT (if you disregard RH) and those are the three biggest songs from that album.

I am curious what the first setlist includes. I'm hoping at least a handful of 80s stuff and a few post-00 songs (along with a couple SOE songs, ideally).

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2017, 10:11:36 PM »
Looks like there's at least a few songs before TJT set, then an encore that seems dedicated to AB. If I had to guess, they've probably got at least 8-10 songs in the first setlist before TJT. If you look at the page, it seems like we're only seeing the bottom half of it. It would make sense for them to play a nice long first set, then break into TJT with one of their most epic concert songs. Finishing with AB makes sense, too, since that album came right after TJT (if you disregard RH) and those are the three biggest songs from that album.

I am curious what the first setlist includes. I'm hoping at least a handful of 80s stuff and a few post-00 songs (along with a couple SOE songs, ideally).

yea i want set 1 to be your standard i+e set, if only cuz i didn't see that tour. then after the JT set do whatever

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 10:22:54 PM »

yea i want set 1 to be your standard i+e set, if only cuz i didn't see that tour. then after the JT set do whatever

I'm totally fine with that. I didn't see that tour either, and I'd love to hear some of those songs live. But I feel that's wishful thinking since it would seem like they'll be using that first setlist to play some of their other biggest hits (Pride, SBS etc.). Unless they're willing to play 25-30 songs, I'm not sure how they'd accommodate that.

Here's the first setlist for I&E Paris, for example:

The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Song for Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised by Wolves
Until the End of the World

I would say at this point, they could easily cut out a couple of those SOI songs. Personally, I'd love it if they kept SFS (I'm a sucker for that song) and Raised By Wolves (which really seems to pair well with SBS, given the lyrical content). I think it would be neat if they opened with IWF or perhaps Out Of Control--total throwback to their beginnings.

This is a setlist I put together in another thread (not in order at all) that assumes they play 14 songs outside of TJT.

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. Pride
3. I Will Follow / Out Of Control (I can see them swapping one for the other depending on the night)
4. Sweetest Thing / Angel Of Harlem / Spanish Eyes (I can see them picking a TJT b-side or Best of 1980s song and swapping between those depending on the night)
5. One
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Until The End Of The World
8. Even Better (I know, people don't want a AB-heavy playlist but it is unavoidable since 4 of their biggest songs come from that album)
9. Beautiful Day
10. Elevation or City Of Blinding Lights
11. Vertigo
12. Stay or Zooropa (something off that album, perhaps they'll swap out depending on the night) or maybe a Pop song to acknowledge the 20th anniversary (probably Disco)
13 and 14. SoI or SoE songs (I'm going to guess that earlier on in the tour, they'll do Miracle and possibly Song For Someone...later on they'll swap these out for a couple of new songs [I've seen other bands do this as they get closer to a new album coming out])

Something like this seems to give the best of both worlds...hardcore fans get what they came for (TJT in full plus maybe a b-side or two) and casual fans get all of the standards they love. I think pleasing the casual fans is an important thing for U2 to consider in putting together the setlist. I was actually just talking to my sister the other day. She'll be tagging along with me and my nieces to the Cleveland show. She is a very casual fan of the band and mentioned how she's a bigger fan of their newer music (post-98) than the older stuff. She would be disappointed to only hear the 80s/90s material and none of the 00s hits. I think it's probably the same for a lot of casual fans.

I'll be happy with whatever they play as long as it's a nice, long setlist.

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2017, 10:31:33 PM »

Check the IG

Here's the instagram version:

but check the FB

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 10:37:24 PM »

Check the IG
but check the FB
Here's the instagram version:

ah makes sense now.

i'd like to hear at least EBW, Cedarwood, Iris. Miracle, SFS i'm okay on not hearing.