Author Topic: Song list  (Read 2383 times)

Offline tigerfan41

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Song list
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2017, 10:41:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They did notice the image has now been cropped

what? i'm lookin at it right now on their fb page. it's still the same.

Check the IG
but check the FB
Here's the instagram version:

ah makes sense now.

i'd like to hear at least EBW, Cedarwood, Iris. Miracle, SFS i'm okay on not hearing.

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot EBW. I'd like to hear that one, too. Iris is a pretty solid song and I do enjoy Cedarwood. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to hearing any of those.

Offline judgesmails

• Wanderer
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2017, 07:06:42 AM »
I like the idea of the full J.T. being the centerpiece of the show, followed by an all (or mostly) A.B. encore.  I wonder about the first set, though.  As much as I'd prefer that it be comprised entirely of pre-J.T. songs, I just can't see the band leaving out both "Beautiful Day" and "Vertigo".  One or both will surely make their way into the encore or first set, much as I wouldn't mind a break from both songs.

Offline JFW

• Stateless
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2017, 08:22:55 AM »
I'll just see what's the set list in may. That's the only way to be sure...

Haha, just kidding. It's fun guessing the set list :). But I'm hoping they'll do the Fly in the encore instead of mysterious ways. That would be more like 'chopping down  the Joshua Tree'.

If they do it the right way, they really can make a piece of art of the show. I still believe in them!

Offline Number1U2fan

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2017, 09:55:35 AM »

Haha, just kidding. It's fun guessing the set list :). But I'm hoping they'll do the Fly in the encore instead of mysterious ways. That would be more like 'chopping down  the Joshua Tree'.

If they do it the right way, they really can make a piece of art of the show. I still believe in them!

DEFINITELY would take The Fly over MW!!! So burnt out on MW. Enough already. I'll even take  something from Pop or NLOTH over MW these days!!!

Offline tigerfan41

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »

DEFINITELY would take The Fly over MW!!! So burnt out on MW. Enough already. I'll even take  something from Pop or NLOTH over MW these days!!!

Hardcore fans are probably burnt out on MW. Casual fans (or at least all that I've come into contact with) tend to love MW. However, casual fans constitute a lot of the attendance at U2 concerts...so they kind of have to play to that.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2017, 12:16:14 PM »

Hardcore fans are probably burnt out on MW. Casual fans (or at least all that I've come into contact with) tend to love MW. However, casual fans constitute a lot of the attendance at U2 concerts...so they kind of have to play to that.

Agree :/ I tend to notice at the majority of shows I've been to MW is a crowd pleaser that most can move to which I believe at the time of show they want. But...grrrrr...lol

Offline JFW

• Stateless
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2017, 12:26:19 PM »

Agree :/ I tend to notice at the majority of shows I've been to MW is a crowd pleaser that most can move to which I believe at the time of show they want. But...grrrrr...lol
Well I've got not a real problem with MW. It fits on the album and maybe it was OK during ZooTV. But I think it is overplayed and the performance wasn't their best if you compare it to the rest of their show.

I think MW had to be a song played for just during ZooTV and maybe later as a rarety. Like they did with a lot of songs.

Offline garyu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
Seeing Mysterious Ways sort of makes me feel not so bad about not getting a ticket. Seen it every gig and heard it a gazzillion times.

This set should really be 24-26 songs spanning 1980-1987. Pretty easy actually as I posted previously, sort of like this;

Out Of Control
The Electric Co
I Will Follow
Gloria
October
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Unforgettable Fire
A Sort of Homecoming
MLK      .................blends into.......Streets (remember Superbowl 2002 anyone??)
------JT------
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found...
Red Hill Mining Town
In Gods Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
With Or Without You
Mothers of the Disappeared
-----
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Pride
Bad
"40"

Really dont think playing ANYTHING from the 90's onwards makes ANY sense. If this is a nostalgia show then make it a PROPER 80's nostalgia show. Make it a show that U2 would do in 1987 with obvious technical advancements (B-stage, video screens, lighting, etc).
Does the above setlist REALLY need Mysterious Ways and Vertigo? I mean, outside of the JoshTree segment... just LOOK at the 1st 10 songs takes you through a quick recap of U2's greatest hits leading up to Joshua Tree (the songs are in album release order and it still works!), its immense and the encore is classic.

Are stadium audiences too zoned out now to handle it?

Heck, Ive not even added any obscure B-Sides or Drowning Man (oh boy, please guys!), Seconds, Two Hearts Beat As One, Surrender, Tomorrow, Twilight, etc....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:16:55 PM by garyu2 »

Offline mcpaulson22

• Babyface
  • Ill see you again when the stars fall from the sky
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »
Seeing Mysterious Ways sort of makes me feel not so bad about not getting a ticket. Seen it every gig and heard it a gazzillion times.

This set should really be 24-26 songs spanning 1980-1987. Pretty easy actually as I posted previously, sort of like this;

Out Of Control
The Electric Co
I Will Follow
Gloria
October
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Unforgettable Fire
A Sort of Homecoming
MLK      .................blends into.......Streets (remember Superbowl 2002 anyone??)
------JT------
I Still Haven't Found...
Red Hill Mining Town
In Gods Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
With Or Without You
-----
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Pride
Bad
"40"

Really dont think playing ANYTHING from the 90's onwards makes ANY sense. If this is a nostalgia show then make it a PROPER 80's nostalgia show. Make it a show that U2 would do in 1987 with obvious technical advancements (B-stage, video screens, lighting, etc).
Does the above setlist REALLY need Mysterious Ways and Vertigo? I mean, outside of the JoshTree segment... just LOOK at the 1st 10 songs takes you through a quick recap of U2's greatest hits leading up to Joshua Tree (the songs are in album release order and it still works!), its immense and the encore is classic.

Heck, Ive not even added any obscure B-Sides or Drowning Man (oh boy, please guys!), Seconds, Two Hearts Beat As One, Surrender, Tomorrow, Twilight, etc....

I honestly doubt they will stick to an 80s only playlist. This is U2 we are talking about. 75% of the audience is going to be a casual fan that wants to hear Vertigo, Beautiful Day, One, etc. Personally I don't mind hearing hearing anything 90s. I'd love to hear anything from Achtung Baby (not so much MW though). I bet they may sneak a new song in a few nights.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2017, 01:51:23 PM »
ya id be a lil pi**ed if they went 80's heavy.

Offline mrsamrocks2

• Numb
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2017, 03:06:31 PM »
The truth is that they probably consider that all side 2 of TJT are rarities so don't expect them to play rarities from any other album. It's gonna be the big hits + TJT.

Online bass slap

• Numb
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2017, 03:33:57 PM »
Surprised at all the hate for MW. A tune as good as that, why not play it.. it's a crowd pleaser for a reason...

there are other tunes I would rather hear but can't blame them for keeping this as a regular number.

Streets, BD, Virtigo, pride, one, ebttrt, SBS,wowy just as 'over played'.
I tend to only hear these songs when i see them live, that being once every 4 years or so makes it ok.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:12:48 PM by Hawkmoon2e »

Offline InGodsCountry

• Babyface
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2017, 03:57:29 PM »
The truth is that they probably consider that all side 2 of TJT are rarities so don't expect them to play rarities from any other album. It's gonna be the big hits + TJT.

That's a good point. I didn't think about that.

Offline mrjones2014

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »
I like the idea of the full J.T. being the centerpiece of the show, followed by an all (or mostly) A.B. encore.  I wonder about the first set, though.  As much as I'd prefer that it be comprised entirely of pre-J.T. songs, I just can't see the band leaving out both "Beautiful Day" and "Vertigo".  One or both will surely make their way into the encore or first set, much as I wouldn't mind a break from both songs.

Completely agree with you. I think Beautiful Day and Vertigo will complicate their plans.

Offline mrjones2014

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2017, 05:09:59 PM »

Out Of Control
The Electric Co
I Will Follow
Gloria
October
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Unforgettable Fire
A Sort of Homecoming
------JT------
I Still Haven't Found...
Red Hill Mining Town
In Gods Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
With Or Without You
-----
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Pride
Bad
"40"

I like your list (although I think they'll cram Beautiful Day and Vertigo in somewhere) and think you're right that MLK is a contender to lead into Streets. I also think they could play Bad in that spot (like on the Elevation tour).