Author Topic: Hello from Minnesota  (Read 268 times)

Offline jennythenipper

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hello from Minnesota
« on: February 16, 2017, 10:42:33 AM »
Hi:
I'm Jenny from Minnesota. I should have probably been on this forum a long time ago.  I've been a U2 fan since 1983, when I saw them perform Sunday Bloody Sunday at the US festival on TV. After that I became pretty obsessed with them. I had a collage that covered one wall of my bedroom that was hundreds of pictures of the band all stuck together with peace signs and stuff.  ARTY.

My greatest regret in my teens was not getting to see the JT tour. I lived in North Dakota at the time and it wasn't possible.  I'm so excited that they are doing a JT tour. I know everyone thinks they are doing it for the money. But just the thought of it is making me very happy and giving me something to look forward to when the news has been so terrible and bleak lately. So many U2 songs are about their love/hate relationship with America. America needs U2 more than ever.

I've seen the Popmart tour (Madison, WI, outdoor show, really beautiful night and a small stadium. Really fun show) and the 360 tour. The Minneapolis concert on the 360 tour was a make up date. It came after the tour was over and there was something about it that super special. It started raining about midway through and it just poured and the boys kept playing and were so fabulous. It had been so hot for weeks and it was such a relief. We were in GA. I think that is probably the best concert experience of my life.

It's funny I think a lot of people my age (47) see U2 as washed up artistically. I don't see it all. I still enjoy the songs, even new stuff like Songs of Innocence. And I put them on playlists and stuff and people are always like "that's U2??? Huh?"

I'm looking for non-GA face value tickets for Chicago on the 4th.  We need three together cause we are bringing the boy!

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
Re: Hello from Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Heard a song that made some sense out of the world
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:02:27 AM »
Welcome, Jenny. Have a great time on the forum and good luck with the tickets for Chicago.

I do also look forward to the Joshua Tree Tour very much.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 07:15:44 AM »
Hello from Holland Jenny, and welcome !

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:39:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi:
I'm Jenny from Minnesota. I should have probably been on this forum a long time ago.  I've been a U2 fan since 1983, when I saw them perform Sunday Bloody Sunday at the US festival on TV. After that I became pretty obsessed with them. I had a collage that covered one wall of my bedroom that was hundreds of pictures of the band all stuck together with peace signs and stuff.  ARTY.

My greatest regret in my teens was not getting to see the JT tour. I lived in North Dakota at the time and it wasn't possible.  I'm so excited that they are doing a JT tour. I know everyone thinks they are doing it for the money. But just the thought of it is making me very happy and giving me something to look forward to when the news has been so terrible and bleak lately. So many U2 songs are about their love/hate relationship with America. America needs U2 more than ever.

I've seen the Popmart tour (Madison, WI, outdoor show, really beautiful night and a small stadium. Really fun show) and the 360 tour. The Minneapolis concert on the 360 tour was a make up date. It came after the tour was over and there was something about it that super special. It started raining about midway through and it just poured and the boys kept playing and were so fabulous. It had been so hot for weeks and it was such a relief. We were in GA. I think that is probably the best concert experience of my life.

It's funny I think a lot of people my age (47) see U2 as washed up artistically. I don't see it all. I still enjoy the songs, even new stuff like Songs of Innocence. And I put them on playlists and stuff and people are always like "that's U2??? Huh?"

I'm looking for non-GA face value tickets for Chicago on the 4th.  We need three together cause we are bringing the boy!
Welcome to the form, and good luck on getting those tickets!