Author Topic: Alternate History: Where would you change the U2 timeline?  (Read 3086 times)

Offline mofospacejunk

• Wanderer
Re: Alternate History: Where would you change the U2 timeline?
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2017, 08:12:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Easy ... I wish they quit after the Popmart tour. Gone out on a high.

Personally, every single song they've written and recorded ever since would not have been missed if it wasn't.

For that to work, Bono need to have kept the f^&k out of politics too; thus making this site a lot easier for m2 to manage.
Now that's a laugh, considering U2 have ALWAYS had a political side to them and only now are people getting all bent out of shape over it 😂

Yes they have.

But go show me some photos of Bono getting all cuddly with Bush.

But you show me pre Popmart where Bono would basically become a Hawker between songs, whilst his band was doing everything they could to ensure they kept money in their coffers.

Offline Ultrafly

• Stateless
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2017, 06:04:44 AM »
I don't see a three year workrate as difficult.

Year #1 : Write, record, (12 months)
Year #2 : promo and work up tour (6 months) + 6 months of shows (3 months US + 1 month off + 2 months Euro)
Year #3 : Tour then holiday (1 month Euro + 1 month off + 2 months US + 1 month Aus/South Africa. 7 months to sit on your yacht, count money, and write songs.

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
I don't see a three year workrate as difficult.

Year #1 : Write, record, (12 months)
Year #2 : promo and work up tour (6 months) + 6 months of shows (3 months US + 1 month off + 2 months Euro)
Year #3 : Tour then holiday (1 month Euro + 1 month off + 2 months US + 1 month Aus/South Africa. 7 months to sit on your yacht, count money, and write songs.
Thats something U2 or lots of other artists would do in their first decade. U2 have had families and other interests that deserve attention as well. The members do have a life outside the band.