2 (1.5%)
If You Wear That Velvet Dreas
2 (1.5%)
Please
29 (21.3%)
Wake Up Dead Man
5 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen - POP....Your favourite  (Read 2888 times)

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • It won't be long now...
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen - POP....Your favourite
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2017, 05:20:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Mofo vid is unbelievable...exquisite. Almost as good as...well, I can't say.

Was there an actual video made for Mofo or do you just mean the live footage from the Popmart Live In Mexico footage? Mofo is such an amazing track. I really do love Gone too. I think I must be in a minority in that I'm not keen on WUDM though.
Sorry, I worded that wrong, didn't I? Yes, the live footage is what I was referring to...I don't think there is an actual video of Mofo. The footage of Gone from that show is great, too. 
Oh, I agree that you might be in a minority for not liking WUDM...but, we're all different, right?

Offline Spaderholic

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2017, 09:22:15 AM »
The Mofo vid is unbelievable...exquisite. Almost as good as...well, I can't say.

Was there an actual video made for Mofo or do you just mean the live footage from the Popmart Live In Mexico footage? Mofo is such an amazing track. I really do love Gone too. I think I must be in a minority in that I'm not keen on WUDM though.
Sorry, I worded that wrong, didn't I? Yes, the live footage is what I was referring to...I don't think there is an actual video of Mofo. The footage of Gone from that show is great, too. 
Oh, I agree that you might be in a minority for not liking WUDM...but, we're all different, right?

Ah right, yes I love the live performance of Mofo from Popmart Mexico! The whole intro and the band's entrance onto the stage and a boxing Bono. All the colourful visuals. That frenetic, thumping beat of the song is amazing.

With Gone, I'm always torn over which version I like best, the original album version or the remixed version from the Best Of album. I love the whole backing sound of the original, with Edge's amazing guitar work on it, but I think Bono's singing on the original is terrible!! Painful, in fact! The remix sounds blander and is missing a lot of Edge's brilliant guitar but Bono's singing is ten times better on it. If only I could substitute Bono's re-recorded vocals onto the original version, the song would be perfection, lol! :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:24:34 AM by Spaderholic »

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2017, 02:34:20 PM »
For years it was Mofo but Please has become my favourite U2 song and sits just below Jumbo (underworld) as my all-time favourite by any artist.

With regards to Mofo, this would be the song I would play to any U2 non believer, just to show what how far away from the public perception of them that they travelled to in the mid 90's.
Mofo is my favorite although Please is right up there. Side note:Elvis Costello does a beautiful version of Please.

Offline MattD

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2017, 05:12:30 PM »
For years it was Mofo but Please has become my favourite U2 song and sits just below Jumbo (underworld) as my all-time favourite by any artist.

With regards to Mofo, this would be the song I would play to any U2 non believer, just to show what how far away from the public perception of them that they travelled to in the mid 90's.

Jumbo by Underworld - what a tune. Shame U2 stopped being influenced by them. *wistful sigh*

Offline Spaderholic

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2017, 07:22:38 PM »

Jumbo by Underworld - what a tune. Shame U2 stopped being influenced by them. *wistful sigh*

I so wish Pop would have featured lots more songs like Mofo - songs influenced by the likes of Underworld, Prodigy and Chemical Brothers. An album like that from them, at that time, would have been amazing, instead of dirges like If God Will Send His Angels and The Playboy Mansion!