Author Topic: Zoo Station to begin the Encore after "Mothers of The Disappeared" ?  (Read 550 times)

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
One of my favourite U2 tracks is Zoo Station, it would be a natural progression from the Joshua Tree to Achtung Baby (minus rattle and hum).

It's been mentioned before but... Realistically, what are the chances of them playing Zoo Station on this tour? It would be a perfect Encore opener with Bono chopping down the Joshua Tree before that infamous riff kicks in!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:01:57 PM by georgemccauley »

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
One of my favorites. I'd be down with that.

Offline bass slap

• Numb
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
Re: Zoo Station to begin the Encore after "Mothers of The Disappeared" ?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »
Great idea.

Wasn't this the encore opener for the vertigo tour? It certainly was when I saw them in Manchester and was the best moment of the show for me

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:16:17 AM »
I loved when they did it on Vertigo, but I don't really expect it on this tour.  I think any "deep cuts" (non-singles or other frequently played songs) outside of the 2nd half of Joshua Tree are going to be rare, if they even happen at all.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 07:35:22 PM »
They could attempt to recreate the ZOO TV intro and update it a bit. For example, maybe when Bono emerges from under the European Union flag one of the stars falls off (representing Britain leaving then EU)... but I don't know.