Author Topic: Another good article....  (Read 694 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Another good article....
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:41:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This time stitching together the respective anniversaries of a 30 year old and 20 year old record into an enjoyable read.

Nice to see Pop getting praise yet again in one of these articles.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:49:38 PM by an tha »

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
Re: Another good article....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:41:28 AM »
Agreed.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:58:23 AM »
I've been happy to see so many articles on Pop lately, with a majority of them being positive. It's sad that it's taken 20 years for people to see its brilliance.

Spacejunk69

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »
"Pop is never going to make it to the top of any fan's list of U2's best LPs, but that doesn't mean its release 20 years ago this month should be ignored."

I've got news for you Mr. Journalist. Its top of my list.

Good read, otherwise .

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 05:20:58 PM »
Good read though I disagree that the reworked versions for the Best of the 90s were better than the album versions.  I really hope that they play some Pop songs every night on the tour.  Fingers crossed but breath not held.

I will say that the single versions were better than the album versions of "Last Night on Earth" (bridge has actual words) "Please" (strings intro - though I do like the end vocals of the album version better) and "If God Will Send His Angels" (much better organization of song and placement of verses.)

Spacejunk69

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 06:11:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good read though I disagree that the reworked versions for the Best of the 90s were better than the album versions.  I really hope that they play some Pop songs every night on the tour.  Fingers crossed but breath not held.

I will say that the single versions were better than the album versions of "Last Night on Earth" (bridge has actual words) "Please" (strings intro - though I do like the end vocals of the album version better) and "If God Will Send His Angels" (much better organization of song and placement of verses.)

Yeah, that too.