Author Topic: Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Edition Box Sets Available for Pre-order  (Read 4689 times)

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Edition Box Sets Available for Pre-order
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 02:49:31 AM »
Help is missing from the concert too bit whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 03:12:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No, no, no, and a million times no.  This is just insane.  I do not have the burning desire to throw down $159+ on celebrating an album that was celebrated 5 years ago.  Then again, to each their own - but this is not for me.

They know that enough people will buy anything and everything they put out and as you say each to their own - me? i wouldn't touch this with a barge poll, but then I am someone who does not even have a copy of TJT of any sort.

Completeists and the most rabid of fans are gonna be made up about this release - other people will be meh/oblivious about it.

It does seem like they have repackaged this record and flogged it a few times though.

Offline Jswallow

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 03:44:54 AM »
What !! still no demo of "woman Fish "  😢 not much new here & that MSG gig is on YouTube

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline lorence_of_arabia

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 03:55:17 AM »
Will this be released digitally? The box is pretty and no doubt the book/photos are nice collectibles, but I'd like to be able to listen through my iPhone.

Offline riffraff

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 04:10:33 AM »
No, no, no, and a million times no.  This is just insane.  I do not have the burning desire to throw down $159+ on celebrating an album that was celebrated 5 years ago.  Then again, to each their own - but this is not for me.

They know that enough people will buy anything and everything they put out and as you say each to their own - me? i wouldn't touch this with a barge poll, but then I am someone who does not even have a copy of TJT of any sort.

Completeists and the most rabid of fans are gonna be made up about this release - other people will be meh/oblivious about it.

It does seem like they have repackaged this record and flogged it a few times though.
Being a rabid fan myself, I would love to have it...but will save my money for SOE tickets instead.

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 04:18:54 AM »
I do not have the burning desire to throw down $159+ on celebrating an album that was celebrated 5 years ago.
10 years ago, to be accurate.

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 04:20:20 AM »
The MSG concert has gotta be the Sept. 28, 1987, show with New Voices of Freedom. Setlist is a pretty close match, but a few songs are missing (including Bad):

This is a key short-coming for me. Perhaps they are wanting to highlight the JT songs, but leaving out Bad, Unforgettable Fire, October is the main reason I won't give this set a second thought. Kinda strange: a set that is really marketed for completists includes a butchered live set.
I think actually they were trying to fit as much as they could of the show on 1 CD. Should've made it a DVD of the whole show.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:33:30 AM by PopMart_1997 »

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 04:31:08 AM »
I'm sure there'll be complaints in this thread soon enough about money-grabs and stuff like that. Whatevs. No one is forcing anyone to buy it. This and Achtung Baby, I'll buy just about anything they release. And Unforgettable Fire.
No, no one is forcing anyone to buy any of the versions, but that doesn't matter, it's the principle. There was a box set of TJT 10 years ago, which was perfect. This time around, there is hardly anything to justify double-dipping a Super Deluxe set for much of the audio in total was released or re-released 10 years ago. This is definitely a cash-grab, and what's worse, U2 have wasted an opportunity to Super Deluxe POP for the first time ever for its 20th Anniversary. I know, that album is considered a low point for the band, thanks to people who just don't get it, but that whole period does have its fans who who would PAY for something like that. Let's also not forget the 25th Anniversary of Rattle and Hum: they squandered the opportunity to honor that film and soundtrack as well. What this all comes down to is the band not making good decisions lately in consideration of many of the fans.

Offline xy

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 04:51:09 AM »
All those remixes...though we were only getting new version of Red hill mining town ?

I'm on the fence : nice to have a live show, even if it's not a full show. Remixes ? Surprised to see them touch this much of the album...could be either hit or miss.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 05:05:34 AM »
I'm sure there'll be complaints in this thread soon enough about money-grabs and stuff like that. Whatevs. No one is forcing anyone to buy it. This and Achtung Baby, I'll buy just about anything they release. And Unforgettable Fire.
No, no one is forcing anyone to buy any of the versions, but that doesn't matter, it's the principle. There was a box set of TJT 10 years ago, which was perfect. This time around, there is hardly anything to justify double-dipping a Super Deluxe set for much of the audio in total was released or re-released 10 years ago. This is definitely a cash-grab, and what's worse, U2 have wasted an opportunity to Super Deluxe POP for the first time ever for its 20th Anniversary. I know, that album is considered a low point for the band, thanks to people who just don't get it, but that whole period does have its fans who who would PAY for something like that. Let's also not forget the 25th Anniversary of Rattle and Hum: they squandered the opportunity to honor that film and soundtrack as well. What this all comes down to is the band not making good decisions lately in consideration of many of the fans.

What this all comes down to is they are sure they will make more money off this boxset than doing a Pop one...the tour for TJT opens up a lot of potential wallets and this boxset is just additional bait to hook the cash from those wallets.

It is what it is and as alluded to earlier people have a choice to buy it or not.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 05:06:56 AM »
I'm sure there'll be complaints in this thread soon enough about money-grabs and stuff like that. Whatevs.

And that kind of attitude helps conversation how exactly?

Maybe it helps by attenuating the "cash-grabbing" only comments  which... do not help the conversation, let's face it.

Offline tracmic

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 05:08:40 AM »
Will this be released digitally? The box is pretty and no doubt the book/photos are nice collectibles, but I'd like to be able to listen through my iPhone.

I am wondering the same thing. Great looking collectors item but I would like to listen to the music without having to invest in a way to create a digital copy of my own. Hopefully for that price it will be included.

Offline Voldemar

• Babyface
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 05:11:47 AM »

As Google Play has already placed You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, assume Itunes will have it too.

Offline KCJKu2fan

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 05:12:13 AM »
Bought one of the bundles this morning.. still haven't received a comfirmation email though  :( anyway, it suprises me they pay 0 attention to Pop,they completly ignore it..

Offline JFW

• Stateless
  • Lookin' in the places where no flowers grow
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 05:13:50 AM »
It's a bt expenisive for me but it sounds interesting. Those remixes and outtakes on vinyl. Love to have it! And maybe it's not really expensive. For example

TJT - 25 dollar
TJT Live - 25 dollar
TJT Outtakes - 20 dollar
TJT Remixes - 20 dollar
TJT B-side - 20 dollar
Total: 110 dollar

That is a difference of 50 dollars. But maybe is my proximation to low, and it's logical to ask a bit more money. It would have done the same ;).

I hoped they would sell outakes, remixes and B-sides apart. That's the only thing I really want to have from the box.

[modified]: I see it includes a hard book. 50 dollars for a book! Haha