Author Topic: Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Edition Box Sets Available for Pre-order  (Read 4298 times)

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Edition Box Sets Available for Pre-order
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2017, 04:06:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
yea i'm thinkin ill do $25 for the album + bonus tracks on itunes.

maybe the finally remastered Exit to make it audible...

Do you have the 2007 version?  I thought that was vastly improved from the original CD.  I don't have any complaints of that remaster, other than maybe the very last note of MOTD seeming to get louder at the end.  Which isn't a problem per se, it just always surprises me when I hear it now.

yea i do. i ripped it to my ipod at 320 kbps so maybe thats why i cant tell? i should listen to the cd itself again.

Hm, I dunno.  It still starts quietly overall, but is far more audible than the initial CD pressing.  Maybe others here have thoughts on it, but I've been pretty happy with it.

I think they did a decent enough job with the 2007 remastered version. But whenever I want to play an actual disc through my system, I always put in the MFSL version of TJT. I’ve just never been into the whole ‘loudness wars’ thing when it comes to remastering albums. Again though, the 2007 version is pretty good to me, but the thing I love about TJT is actually the way it goes from quiet to loud, and then back to quiet. Especially with some good headphones. So to me, the MFSL version does this the best.
But if I’m just ripping an album, I’ll rip it into AIF or Lossless, and it’s all good.

So let’s see…
A cassette in ‘87
A CD in ‘89
An MFSL remastered (from original tapes) CD in 2000
And the remastered 3-disc CD/DVD and the 2-disc vinyl in 2007

I think I’m good.

I tried to order this from amazon.com and it denied me saying "You already have this album like four times over, you idiot".

Thread's done, folks. Nothing more to say after this post. Perfect response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2017, 08:24:13 PM »
So I just attempted to pre-order the LP Joshua Tree 30th anniv. boxset using my 25% off coupon code that us U2.com subscribers get (which I've never once used in all my years of subscribing) and it says "Coupons can't be applied to U2T71595".

Nowhere in my account does it say only certain items in the store can use the code. What gives?

Can this fanclub possible be any worse?

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2017, 08:45:06 PM »
So I just attempted to pre-order the LP Joshua Tree 30th anniv. boxset using my 25% off coupon code that us U2.com subscribers get (which I've never once used in all my years of subscribing) and it says "Coupons can't be applied to U2T71595".

Nowhere in my account does it say only certain items in the store can use the code. What gives?

Fanclub coupon codes are never allowed U2 for audio/video media.

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2017, 11:02:39 PM »

That makes PERFECT sense for a band that creates audio/video media. lol

I don't recall ever seeing that in the subscription notes. Is there fine print on that?

Fanclub coupon codes are never allowed U2 for audio/video media.

Offline Smee

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2017, 07:12:34 AM »
I managed to get J Tree 7LP boxset AND How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb Re-issue on vinyl...for only £5 more than u2.con wanted for the Boxset (inc shipping)

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Master of the Snippet
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2017, 07:53:06 AM »
where Smee?

Offline trevgreg

• Numb
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2017, 09:40:45 AM »
Interesting viewpoints on the TJT re-releases here and the reasoning for the prices...

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2017, 06:16:29 PM »
the more i think about it the more i wish the live cd had been a comp of various performances throughout the tour, the Smashing Pumpkins took this approach for their box sets' live discs. the Aeroplane Flies High one at least.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2017, 05:29:46 AM »
There is no justification for the price tag, and there needn't be. They won't sell a lot of these, but they already know who will buy them.

The same people who buy everything they put out.

So go tap the same well. Charge whatever you want. $100? $150? Doesn't matter. To the buyers the price tag is largely irrelevant. We all know that every song will be available legally or illegally, so they are selling bookshelf appeal. We've fallen for it before and will do so again in many cases.

Offline Smee

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »
where Smee?

I got the boxset thro universal Music Store for £117 inc delivery. Got HTDAAB thro The Sound Of Vinyl Store, which looks suspiciously like Universal music store, for about £20 inc delivery.