Author Topic: Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Edition Box Sets Available for Pre-order  (Read 6542 times)

Offline salty72

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Edition Box Sets Available for Pre-order
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2017, 07:20:21 AM »
The complete soundboard recording of MSG is available on concertvault.com.

Offline ecadad

• Global Moderator
  • Staring at the Sun
  • On Twitter @ecadad1
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2017, 08:02:59 AM »
To me this seems more like the 10th Anniversary of the 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition [2007 Remastered] Special Addition

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »
It looks neat but I'm still satisfied with what we got in the box set 10 years ago. TJT is my all time favorite album but this is a bit more than I feel I need right now. I'll probably wait until cheaper versions pop up on Amazon and decide then. In the meantime I'm happy to wait and watch others enjoys theirs.:)

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2017, 08:38:04 AM »
They could of included another concert from JT tour on dvd there's a few pro shot gigs out there & there's supposed to be another version of WOWY that they nearly went with but didn't,  also there has to be demos  ?..it could of been so much better

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline judgesmails

• Wanderer
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 09:14:37 AM »
Agree with the above-mentioned request for demos and alternate versions that genuinely date to 1986/1987.  I assume those will surface on the 40th anniversary edition.  (Fair disclosure - I have bought, and will continue to buy, all of these reissues, so I guess I must not be too unhappy with what they are offering).

On another note, I love the alternate white album cover.  I wish/hope the deluxe LP set was/is going to include that variant.

Offline U21978man

• Babyface
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 09:28:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Will this be released digitally? The box is pretty and no doubt the book/photos are nice collectibles, but I'd like to be able to listen through my iPhone.

As Google Play has already placed You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, assume Itunes will have it too.
Nice that  google has this a lot cheaper  4 full mp3 CD's for only 23 bucks instead of  $119 bucks  huge price difference!

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Dublin, Chicago 1, Toronto
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »
To me this seems more like the 10th Anniversary of the 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition [2007 Remastered] Special Addition

True, I was going to say it's the 10th anniversary of the first 10th anniversary of Notorious BIG death. But that would be a reason for Puff Daddy to do another tribute.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
I think this re-release is a little unnecessary considering the 20th anniversary re-release 10 years ago. However, it'll probably make a pretty cool collectible for fans. I won't be buying it myself, but that's mostly because I already own TJT on CD, don't like having duplicates of things, and don't have enough interest in the bonus tracks to justify the cost. That said, I am looking forward to eventually hearing the extra tracks as I'm sure those will surface on Spotify or some other streaming site at some point (much like the second AB deluxe CD did).

Will this be released digitally? The box is pretty and no doubt the book/photos are nice collectibles, but I'd like to be able to listen through my iPhone.

As Google Play has already placed You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, assume Itunes will have it too.
Nice that  google has this a lot cheaper  4 full mp3 CD's for only 23 bucks instead of  $119 bucks  huge price difference!

And now I see this, so I think I might just pre-order it. Nice addition to my digital library.

Offline wallah

• Babyface
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2017, 09:41:02 AM »
Interesting price jump there to go from a 2-CD set for $20 to a four CD set for $120. The inclusion of a slim book and a few art prints don't really explain such a steep hike if you're going by the $10 per disc price.
Fortunately, I already have the 20th anniversary edition and the vinyl reissue so I'll be skipping this one.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2017, 09:46:38 AM »
Ok, what is on the 30th anniversary that isn't on the 20th edition?

Offline wallah

• Babyface
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2017, 09:48:30 AM »
The remixes and the live show appear to be the only new material.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2017, 10:06:19 AM »
The remixes and the live show appear to be the only new material.

Mmm, definitely want the live show & i want the book and remixes. Wonder if the remixes will be sold separately as a download? A bit steep the extra for the book.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2017, 10:26:16 AM »
These remixes excite me... hopefully Flood can put an electonic twist on Streets and Jacknife can make Bullet more hard-hitting and intense. Even if the remixes suck it could at least show us a more open and adventurous U2.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »
I have to say that this seems unnecessary and for the first time, I'm considering not buying a U2 product (though I also don't have the money to blow on a set like this).

I feel like the Google Play price has to be a mistake, so act quickly on that. I might pre-order it from there.

The live set and reversed artwork are cool though (even if it isn't the full show).

If we had a Pop box set or a R&H box set (maybe next year), I'd be all for it.

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2017, 10:40:57 AM »
Has anyone tried to pre-order using their discount code?

Not sure I need all the paper, so just might go for the Super Deluxe on Google Play for only $23.99 to get the live show and remixes as I have the other recordings already.