Author Topic: Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Edition Box Sets Available for Pre-order  (Read 6548 times)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Re: Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Edition Box Sets Available for Pre-order
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2017, 10:42:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anyone tried to pre-order using their discount code?

Not sure I need all the paper, so just might go for the Super Deluxe on Google Play for only $23.99 to get the live show and remixes as I have the other recordings already.

Yes I tried, it can't be used for the product. Lame. Why can't they include demos of all the songs?
I'd kill to hear Streets demos, they are on the It might get loud film - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and all the songs. They are missing a trick here, as usual!!!

We deserve more than a poxy Daniel Lanois mix from 2017.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:45:01 AM by eddyjedi »

Offline trevgreg

• Numb
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2017, 10:47:41 AM »
I think this re-release is a little unnecessary considering the 20th anniversary re-release 10 years ago. However, it'll probably make a pretty cool collectible for fans. I won't be buying it myself, but that's mostly because I already own TJT on CD, don't like having duplicates of things, and don't have enough interest in the bonus tracks to justify the cost. That said, I am looking forward to eventually hearing the extra tracks as I'm sure those will surface on Spotify or some other streaming site at some point (much like the second AB deluxe CD did).

Same. I look forward to hearing the new tracks, but am sure there will be ways to download legally or hear elsewhere.

And yeah, if people want to spend that money on everything or collect whatever... cool. Here's the option to do so. If not, no one's forcing anyone to buy anything. Other bands release similarly-priced items anyway.

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2017, 10:54:42 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong - the two biggest sets (vinyl x 7) and the CD (x 4) all contain exactly the same stuff. Songs, books photos etc - you just decide whether you want vinyl or cd correct?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2017, 11:02:39 AM »
Ugh.  Look, I have no problem with them releasing new mixes, unreleased live tracks, and the like.  My problem is, if I want those tracks, once again, I have to buy a whole box of material to get them.  And they omitted TUF from the live set?  WTF?!?!

Sigh.  I hate that the band has to make me feel like I'm a sucker every time they see fit to put out another deluxe release. 

EDIT: Just saw the price.  $125?  Nope.  There is simply no way 4 CDs and a book costs that much.  Maybe a digital download will be made available for something more reasonable.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:05:56 AM by Johnny Feathers »

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »
Chill. Everyone.

This is clearly for collectors. The JT sold 25 million copies - I'm quite sure the band do not expect to sell that many of these new editions.

These are strictly for collectors - like me - who will probably by the CD set. Its what "collectors" do - the band are aiming for that - not joe public and everyone else and their kids, cats and dogs to go an buy the damn thing.

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2017, 11:15:18 AM »
Also, U2 Start has the full 09.28.87 show - I have it, its great quality. So if you want the whole thing, go get it.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2017, 11:24:31 AM »
Chill. Everyone.

This is clearly for collectors. The JT sold 25 million copies - I'm quite sure the band do not expect to sell that many of these new editions.

These are strictly for collectors - like me - who will probably by the CD set. Its what "collectors" do - the band are aiming for that - not joe public and everyone else and their kids, cats and dogs to go an buy the damn thing.

Well, there are some of us that would like the chance to buy 1.5 discs worth of material for less than $125.  I don't think that's beyond reason.

At any rate, I'm sure that price will drop precipitously after it's released.  And maybe a digital-only set will be made available for less.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 11:38:01 AM »
108.99 on Amazon uk for the 4 cd set! Jog on!

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Dublin, Chicago 1, Toronto
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2017, 11:44:49 AM »
Google Play option is really great. I hope we get new Red Hill today.

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2017, 11:49:54 AM »
Google Play option is really great. I hope we get new Red Hill today.

$24 for the Super Deluxe version sans books, photos and box, sweet!

Offline Kim

• Babyface
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2017, 12:00:08 PM »
Can you use the 25% discount coupon on the boxes?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2017, 12:01:50 PM »
This really turns me off.  We already had a JT box set.  If this was about anything other than making (even more) money, they could easily just release the new remixes individually or as a single disc.  Or, God forbid, send it out to members of their overpriced fan club.

I agree, a disc of the new mixes as the fan club "gift" (you're paying for it, so it's not really a gift, is it?) would be ideal.  Of course, that would mean even more of a conflict for those fan-club members who were/are going to buy the big box, too.  But if they presented a choice: you can either choose this CD of new JT mixes that are otherwise only available in the big box, or you can choose these snazzy lithographs or book or something, that would work.  For me, anyway.

The live audio is less interesting for me.  I never bothered to buy the Paris gig audio, and that one at least features TUF played live.

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2017, 12:03:15 PM »
Red Hill Mining Town Steve Lillywhite remix is also highlighted if you search for RHMT so it must be coming soon.visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2017, 12:05:21 PM »
Can you use the 25% discount coupon on the boxes?

No

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2017, 12:17:24 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong - the two biggest sets (vinyl x 7) and the CD (x 4) all contain exactly the same stuff. Songs, books photos etc - you just decide whether you want vinyl or cd correct?

I think so, yes. But hoping someone will correct that if it's wrong.