Author Topic: TJT 30 MEGA edition  (Read 767 times)

Offline Bundang Dave

• Running to Stand Still
  • the last to hear the warning
Re: TJT 30 MEGA edition
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 11:42:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not a lot there to get me excited, but I am a little interested in the Jacknife Lee mix of Bullet.

If he can capture any of the sound and energy they've been bringing to that track live over the past 20 years or so, I would be happy enough to buy or steal the deluxe edition.

I'd say the problem there is that there have already been two great live versions released on CD--R&H, and the Stay single.  I'm curious about the new mixes, but I'm not sure I'm optimistic about them.

BTW, the set is down to "only" $110 on Amazon now.  If they can drop it to $50-60, we might be talking.

Yeah, those live versions are excellent, as are others from various bootlegs and DVDs over the years. But I'd still like a studio cut of Bullet that features some of the post-R&H sounds. I guess I'm a bit OCD that way, not liking to mix studio tracks and live tracks on the same playlist.

As for price, yeah, they might've spoiled me forever by giving away their last album for free. Now, they want $100+ for one remix that I might be interested in?

Offline document

• Babyface
Re: TJT 30 MEGA edition
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 11:13:10 AM »

You can't really call it a Joshua Tree boxset if you don't include The Joshua Tree album
[/quote]

True, but there could be an additional release, like "The Joshua Tree Bonus or Extras," that could be sold seperately. Although there maybe new younger fans that didn't get the box set 10 years ago, a lot of us did, and now will be buying this a third time because we love the band, the album and want the extras that are offered. I would've bought it as a double disc companion set with disc 1 (Live album) and disc 2 (being the remixes and outtakes not included in the 2007 edition). Guess that's why we have Itunes and Spotify now.....