Author Topic: If they did Pop remixes for the 20 year anniversary  (Read 687 times)

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
Re: If they did Pop remixes for the 20 year anniversary
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 03:37:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just want more thunderous, pounding beats like on Mofo added to some of the tracks. Plus a remix of Miami like the version they played live. Playboy Mansion could do with a whole new sound too. I guess really I'd like a 4-cd set featuring the original album, an alternative version of the album with every track remixed to be more 'dancey', a 'baby' version with all demo versions of the album (including those Hong Kong Mixes) and then the 4th disc would have b-sides and songs they recorded at the time but decided to leave off the album. Also, you remember when Madonna released her Like A Prayer album in 1989, the cd booklet was scented with patchouli oil? Well I want all of the Pop cd's and packaging to be lemon scented! :-)
Makes me think Achtung Baby Super and Uber Deluxe sets should have been scented in that perfume that was advertised on a sticker in the Zoo TV DVD packaging. lol

Offline ahmadsquad

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 03:38:18 PM »
I love the idea of remixing this album. Most of the remixes that came out at the time were just meh, apart from Howie B's Skysplitter Dub of I'm Not Your Baby, and maybe the Hexidecimal mix of Discotheque.

Justice did an amazing job of remixing Boots, and I'd love to hear what they would do to Discotheque. I'd also like someone like Bonobo to rework IGWSHA. I would love it if Underworld released their remix of Mofo, but I don't think that will happen. Odesza could probably do something interesting with SATS. And I would love to hear Dangermouse do a "Troubles" version of WUDM.

Offline Spaderholic

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 07:18:39 PM »
Is there a version of I'm Not Your Baby without Sinead O' Connor on it, just U2? Just wondering. I like the song but I can't stand Sinead's voice, I've never liked it. I think the song would have been great on Pop, but without Sinead.

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 11:41:26 PM »

I would though however love to hear full version of those 'Hong Kong mixes' especially Mofo and I'm not your baby....The full versions from 96 - as they were.

Yes!! !!!!

Offline Marwood

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 06:12:13 AM »
Yeah, leave it as it is, those versions on the silver greatest hits are awful

Online The Exile

• Elevated
  • Been around the back, Been around the front.
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 01:09:48 PM »
Is there a version of I'm Not Your Baby without Sinead O' Connor on it, just U2? Just wondering. I like the song but I can't stand Sinead's voice, I've never liked it. I think the song would have been great on Pop, but without Sinead.

I made a mix of the song that combines the Skysplitter Dub version (which is instrumental) and the end of the official version (which just features Bono). Like you I'd prefer a version with Bono doing all the vocals, but this is the next best thing.

Offline jaredlabbq

• Babyface
  • I know where the sun shines best.
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »
If you listen to the "Hong Kong" mixes of Pop, the sound was slightly more reggae and had a retro vibe thrown into the mix before they redid some songs for the final release. I really wish U2 would release remastered version of these mixes.

Here's the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login