Author Topic: Tour Merchandise  (Read 1299 times)

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Tour Merchandise
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 11:46:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just cannot fathom spending more than twenty five or so for a t-shirt. Don't they go for like fifty bucks these days?
yup I want a tote bag my how life has changed

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 12:35:38 PM »
I bought a TJT Tour 2017 hoodie at 60, at the merch stand at Twickenham.
After considerable thought over some months.
I needed a good decent hoodie and a designer one at full price is around 60 from the likes of Superdry, Jack Wills, Abercrombie, Gap etc.
I thought a U2 hoodie would be anti-fashion for 2017 (and beyond), so I bought one to make a statement.  I'm not afraid to stand up for what I like, and stand out in a crowd.
It also keeps me warm on a cool summer's day.

Offline paisteguy

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »
I bought a t-shirt, the tour book, and the mug . . . I figured "I can't really afford to be here anyways - so I may as well buy a lot of merch." I will say I was quite pleased to see my shirt was "made in Uganda"! I trust the integrity of the guys enough to believe my shirt was made in an ethical factory for fair wages. THIS fact is one of my best feelings about the tour. I certainly don't mind paying $45 CDN for a shirt if it was in some way benefiting someone in Africa. That is my hope at least.

Offline kseguin

• Wanderer
  • Toronto, Cleveland, Dublin, Detroit
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 10:12:53 AM »
That is strange, there was a special shirt for Toronto.

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 04:04:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I bought a t-shirt, the tour book, and the mug . . . I figured "I can't really afford to be here anyways - so I may as well buy a lot of merch." I will say I was quite pleased to see my shirt was "made in Uganda"! I trust the integrity of the guys enough to believe my shirt was made in an ethical factory for fair wages. THIS fact is one of my best feelings about the tour. I certainly don't mind paying $45 CDN for a shirt if it was in some way benefiting someone in Africa. That is my hope at least.

I am not so sure about the hooded tops being fairly traded.  Just a general Western T-shirt brand.  Did they think the people buying hoodies wouldn't be so bothered?

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 12:30:07 PM »
Does anyone know if the tour program is different in Europe than the US leg?