Author Topic: U2 dreams (personal dreams about the band while you are sleeping)  (Read 1141 times)

Offline ZEROpartII

• Staring at the Sun
I often dream about hearing new music.  Its always vivid and sounds great or weird.  I have often dreamt about what I call Album X that came out between Zooropa and Pop.

Most of the time I dream about attending U2 concerts.

Funniest dream - I had GA tickets to a show.  I brought a porkchop in a ziplock bag with me and stuffed it in my pants.  Concert started I was about 3 deep from the stage.  Then I pulled out my porkchop and started gnawing on it much to Bono's ire.  Between songs he starts yelling at me for eating my porkchop in GA.  LMAO

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Re: U2 dreams (personal dreams about the band while you are sleeping)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 05:54:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I often dream about hearing new music.  Its always vivid and sounds great or weird.  I have often dreamt about what I call Album X that came out between Zooropa and Pop.

Most of the time I dream about attending U2 concerts.

Funniest dream - I had GA tickets to a show.  I brought a porkchop in a ziplock bag with me and stuffed it in my pants.  Concert started I was about 3 deep from the stage.  Then I pulled out my porkchop and started gnawing on it much to Bono's ire.  Between songs he starts yelling at me for eating my porkchop in GA.  LMAO

I *love* dream stories and that is properly hilarious! ;D

I've had a bunch of U2 concert dreams lately too, but nothing quite that entertaining...

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 05:56:52 PM »
I've only had one dream about U2, and in it I was at a kickass I&E-esque concert with a clubby atmosphere. Plus, they actually played punk-rock from Venus!

I wish that I had a story as funny to tell as your porkchop one!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:15:36 PM »
i've documented many in these threads

most of mine revolve around buying tour merch or bootleg singles <huh?>. a few i've been to see them at Chili's <restaurant here in Texas> or some other rando venue.

ironically this dream seems relevant today...

i've had many dreams about U2 going on tour recently, but the most recent involved U2 touring with all the old props. They had the trabants and they'd change in outfits like the JT cowboy get ups. The best part was when they all 4 came out for the encore, dressed as the Ghostbusters. Reached behind their backs and pulled out "R&H spotlights" to shine on the audience.

yup, 3 years ago i predict they'd retread the JT tour ;)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:19:36 PM by THRILLHO »

Offline ZEROpartII

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 07:14:21 PM »

I wish that I had a story as funny to tell as your porkchop one!

Taking a Ziplock leftover porkchop stuffed in your pants should become a new tradition.  Throw it at Bono like Toast at a Rocky Horror screening

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 09:48:02 PM »
I don't dream often, but when I do it tends to be the most random stuff and usually somehow involves whatever I was thinking/listening to/watching/doing before bed. I listen to music frequently as I fall asleep, so you can imagine I've had a lot of concert/music related dreams

As far as U2 ones, I once dreamt I was randomly showing Bono around my hometown. I have no idea why, but I was playing tour guide. Another time I was an assistant to the band on tour--basically managing their day to day schedule. Again, completely random. That's the only two U2 dreams I can remember.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »
I've had numerous dreams involving U2 over the years.  I think they've often held the place of a goal to be attained, or thwarted, in my dream.  Usually it involves seeing them perform at some venue that they'd have no business playing in: high school stadium, in a bar (and ON the bar), etc.  I think I've also had a dream where somehow I was with them onstage, just watching.

They were much more frequent in the 90's, which I think reflects when they were most "important" to me.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 01:08:43 PM »
 Unrelated to U2, but I did have a strange dream last night where I visited a "milk factory" with Jerry Jones (but he looked like R.C. Slocum). I later played basketball with him in a giant, floating football stadium that had blue turf and overlooked New York City.

I just wanted to post that since I hardly ever remember my dreams and felt an urge to document this great day in history.

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »
I had a teacher in college that ranted about not being a fan when working in the music business and how unprofessional and stupid you would appear.

So of course I had a dream I was ask to work for U2 and I got so star stuck when Bono walked in I couldn't do my job and was so embarrassed. 

Offline ZEROpartII

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 04:00:55 PM »
Haven't diddled on guitar since college.  Have a recurring dream that they invite me on the B-stage to play guitar.  Then I realized I'm screwed and don't remember how to play except the opening E chord on Desire.

Earlier this week I dreamt I replace Axl Rose and killed it on stage.  Same voice as 87' Axl. But I was in a dress.

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • TODAY IS THE DAY !!!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 04:14:23 PM »
Haven't diddled on guitar since college.  Have a recurring dream that they invite me on the B-stage to play guitar.  Then I realized I'm screwed and don't remember how to play except the opening E chord on Desire.

Earlier this week I dreamt I replace Axl Rose and killed it on stage.  Same voice as 87' Axl. But I was in a dress.
That is TOO funny!

Offline ZEROpartII

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 06:01:00 PM »

That is TOO funny!

This morning I had a dream that was nothing except the Tombstone Movie Theme song on loop.  Forget what I was doing, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 08:39:13 PM »

Given how Axl sounds now....your dream actually seems like it could become reality.  ;)

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 08:41:17 AM »
Lol, well I don't think I've often had dreams about U2 but I did a few nights ago! I dreamt that they were representing Ireland in the Eurovision Song Contest, performing a song that sounded very much (at least it did in my dream) like Save Your Kisses For Me by Brotherhood Of Man! It was definitely the old-style Eurovision of the 70's and 80's, not like today's Eurovision style songs. They were doing a dance routine for it and everything! It was hilarious. I couldn't believe they were taking part in the contest and, despite how cheesy and corny the song and routine were, I (and the TV audience) were going wild and really loved their performance!

Then came the voting. In my dream it was all over the place and I don't think much like the way the voting really goes during the contest. They were getting Nul Points from just about every country and everyone was loudly booing the judges. Then suddenly they started getting Douze Points from everyone and ended up winning the contest!! I'm sure they had to perform the song again at the end but I woke up then. The dream seemed so real and so detailed, lol!

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »
I had a dream that I placed a mouse trap in my garden and accidently caught a fully grown badger which had been painted with purple paint. For some reason the band were playing in my garden, and, despite my efforts to hide the unexplainable situation behind me, Bono caught a glimpse of it and gave me a right telling off withe his BTBS spotlight firmly fixed on me.