Author Topic: Levi's Stadium parking is on sale for the 5/17 show. Hurry before they're gone!  (Read 393 times)

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
This is a repeat of a post that I just made in the venue thread for Levi's Stadium, but I figured it would be good to post where the most people will see it right away. This is time sensitive and very important to deal with ASAP for those who plan to drive.

------------------------------------

Parking passes in the Red 1 Lot (adjacent to the stadium + tailgating is allowed) just went on sale and they are available on Ticketmaster as of right now. They are about $55 including fees. I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you bend over and purchase one unless you plan on taking public transit. Parking at Levi's Stadium is EXTREMELY difficult if you show up blind without a pass already in hand.

- There is no street parking anywhere close to the stadium. However, if you don't mind walking 2+ miles I can give you some options.

- Don't even think about parking in the nearby neighborhoods. The streets get closed off on event days and the police are watching. Plus, many of the local neighbors are less than happy that they now live in the shadow of a stadium and they will not be cool with people parking in front of their house.

- I normally do everything that I can to avoid paying to park, but this is not a venue where you want to wing it thinking that you might get lucky. You won't.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
Additionally, due to the fact that it's a weekday show with a 6:30PM start time, parking will be even more difficult than usual because the local business lots will not be available during the day. Some of them might allow event parking closer to showtime for those who show up late, but I wouldn't count on it. All the more reason to buy a parking pass now while they're available.

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
I'm not going to this show, but wouldn't it be easier to just use public transportation? Or to maybe take an Uber/Lyft out there, and to then use public transportation to get back, so as to avoid surge pricing?

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not going to this show, but wouldn't it be easier to just use public transportation? Or to maybe take an Uber/Lyft out there, and to then use public transportation to get back, so as to avoid surge pricing?

Yes, Levi's Stadium encourages people to take public transit due to the lack of parking, but telling the average American to use public transit is like trying to reason with a two year old. They would rather sit in traffic, drive around in circles looking for a parking spot that isn't there, get angry and then show up really late.

I expect the stadium to be mostly empty during the Mumford and Sons opener because it's a weekday and 70% of the people going to the show either won't be able to get off work early, or they will be stuck in traffic. The traffic in that area is pure hell during the morning and afternoon commutes. Typically, the afternoon commute in that area runs from 4-7pm at the very least. Add in a traffic accident or two and it can get even worse. It's a good idea to add plenty of extra time if you're planning on arriving after 4pm. The whole process of getting off the freeway, getting parked and getting inside the stadium will take longer than you think if you plan to arrive later in the day.

Offline zummo

• Babyface
here is the deal with public transportation, the problem is not VTA, its caltrain, after the show they run 2 trains to SF and thats it...to catch the first you have to basically run on the last note and know exactly what your doing and get on the train. Then the second train leaves 90 minutes after the concert ends, plus it takes about an hour to wind up to San Francisco. When I leave a niners game at 10pm on Monday night football, I get back in the city at 1am. Levis pretty much sucks no matter how you want to do it, just pick your poision. The irony is there is tons of parking, but 90% of the buisness there would rather not deal with leasing out there lots. You will see tons of gated up unused parking lots with all the office complexes
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 02:52:57 PM by zummo »

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
Time will tell, but I suspect that they'd add an extra train or two, to keep up w the crowds. I remember seeing U2 in Pittsburgh near the end of the 360 Tour, and how the city extended the hours for trains, buses, as well as the ferry boats across the Ohio River to one of the main parking areas.