Author Topic: Kentucky can't sell  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
Re: Kentucky can't sell
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2017, 03:32:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Honestly do people actually care if a bunch of multi millionaires getting paid by a multi billion pound corporation sell out a venue or not?

I'm 1,000% with you, An Tha; I find it rather funny that anyone would find anything "concerning" when tickets are at 90%+ soldout, regardless of where in the stadium they may be. They seem to forget that several cities on both the last two tours were slow to sellout (though they did ultimately sellout).

Also, I'm GA for Pittsburgh....... I honestly wouldn't mind if there 1,000 less sweaty bodies down there with me.
Haha. I agree with you both. Honestly, I don't enjoy GA in stadiums anyhow. I'm holding out for (lower bowl) seats in Cleveland...

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 05:19:19 PM »
In for 2 GAs for Pitt. Personally I wouldn't mind walking into the stadium at 7pm and right up to the stage. Assuming that can happen if they don't sell many more GAs

I'm in the same boat as you except I'm in for 1 GA for Louisville. I truly believe (ok, hope) that Pittsburgh and Louisville are the quietest and calmest on this tour stop.

The locals don't seem particularly excited about U2, GA tix are still freely available. Maybe corporations will give out the $300 SEATS to their vips and keep the GA floor calm. Also maybe the line Nazis would have made travel plans that did not include Pitts or Louisville (who am I kidding? Some line Nazi types have to be at the front of every show, rain or shine).

monopoly, THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS THREAD. I read the title and was like "since when is U2 playing Kentucky?" I did not follow the JT tour schedule closely because I never intended to attend. Quite effering depressed and stressed in my real life and damn job. Finally something worth being alive for.

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 05:30:15 PM »
In for 2 GAs for Pitt. Personally I wouldn't mind walking into the stadium at 7pm and right up to the stage. Assuming that can happen if they don't sell many more GAs

I'm in the same boat as you except I'm in for 1 GA for Louisville. I truly believe (ok, hope) that Pittsburgh and Louisville are the quietest and calmest on this tour stop.

The locals don't seem particularly excited about U2, GA tix are still freely available. Maybe corporations will give out the $300 SEATS to their vips and keep the GA floor calm. Also maybe the line Nazis would have made travel plans that did not include Pitts or Louisville (who am I kidding? Some line Nazi types have to be at the front of every show, rain or shine).

monopoly, THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS THREAD. I read the title and was like "since when is U2 playing Kentucky?" I did not follow the JT tour schedule closely because I never intended to attend. Quite effering depressed and stressed in my real life and damn job. Finally something worth being alive for.

Well I guess Kentucky just sold another ticket...

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »

YES and it's thanks to you and this thread! Are you coming? Or were you just a ticket sales analyst?  ;D

SOOOOO surprised they picked Louisville. I thought they would choose Cincinnati or Columbus (but they already have Cleveland and Pittsburgh, which are similar-sized Midwest cities). I guess Louisville represents "the south" on this tour.

Pretty obvious they added Louisville because it's close to Bonaroo festival in Tennessee I guess.

Offline Kayni

• Babyface
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 08:24:40 AM »
It's just shocking to see GA tickets available from TM 2 months after being on sale. It's like scalpers didn't even bother

This is what happens when you put a show on sale after everyone has already made plans. At these prices, most people can't do two dates, and this show is so close to the other nearest show -- Tampa -- that people (like me) who are already committed to Tampa can't add Louisville.

It's pretty simple. And it is no reflection on U2 or the state of Kentucky. If that show had gone on sale at the same time as the rest, we aren't having this conversation.

This. I live in Louisville and was trying to get tickets to Chicago because, at the time, that was my closest show. Had I been successful, there's no way I could have also done Louisville. Most people in this region had probably already made plans to go to Chicago, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, or even Bonnaroo. As of Friday, there were still plenty of tickets available all over the stadium (which just holds 55,000), so I'm going to be interested to see exactly what the final turn out is.

Of course, I've been dancing around town since the tickets went on sale. I'm so excited to see my boys in my hometown and in a smaller stadium. :)

Offline Kayni

• Babyface
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2017, 08:29:37 AM »

YES and it's thanks to you and this thread! Are you coming? Or were you just a ticket sales analyst?  ;D

SOOOOO surprised they picked Louisville. I thought they would choose Cincinnati or Columbus (but they already have Cleveland and Pittsburgh, which are similar-sized Midwest cities). I guess Louisville represents "the south" on this tour.

Pretty obvious they added Louisville because it's close to Bonaroo festival in Tennessee I guess.

If I recall correctly, it's some kind of partnership or sponsorship with UPS, whose main hub is in Louisville. Could be wrong, but I feel like I read that somewhere when the tour date was announced.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »
It's just shocking to see GA tickets available from TM 2 months after being on sale. It's like scalpers didn't even bother

This is what happens when you put a show on sale after everyone has already made plans. At these prices, most people can't do two dates, and this show is so close to the other nearest show -- Tampa -- that people (like me) who are already committed to Tampa can't add Louisville.

It's pretty simple. And it is no reflection on U2 or the state of Kentucky. If that show had gone on sale at the same time as the rest, we aren't having this conversation.

This. I live in Louisville and was trying to get tickets to Chicago because, at the time, that was my closest show. Had I been successful, there's no way I could have also done Louisville. Most people in this region had probably already made plans to go to Chicago, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, or even Bonnaroo. As of Friday, there were still plenty of tickets available all over the stadium (which just holds 55,000), so I'm going to be interested to see exactly what the final turn out is.

Of course, I've been dancing around town since the tickets went on sale. I'm so excited to see my boys in my hometown and in a smaller stadium. :)

Where are these GAs?

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2017, 12:33:23 PM »
Let's not forget that this is the hometown gig for Dallas Schoo

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2017, 01:02:01 PM »

Well, that's important to us, but no one else! Doesn't Dallas live in Boulder CO when he's not working now? Also, these GAs were still available on April 19  :D

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2017, 06:42:38 PM »

Well, that's important to us, but no one else! Doesn't Dallas live in Boulder CO when he's not working now? Also, these GAs were still available on April 19  :D

He does love in CO...

Offline JohnMegadeth

• Babyface
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2017, 08:42:13 AM »
Alright, so this piqued my interest. Sure enough, there are $35 seats still available.

My son (turns 8 in two weeks) expressed interest in going to see U2 "next time" (my wife and I saw them in Arlington a couple of weeks ago). We can fly for free (non-rev), so I'm thinking about possibly getting tickets and going (although the flights don't look great).

If not, I may get some cheap seats for one of the shows that go on sale in a bit for later in the summer.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:12:07 AM by JohnMegadeth »

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2017, 09:38:56 AM »
JohnMega, to be honest, the smaller market gigs look great. Less people, less traffic, more tickets available and affordable.   

Offline Dedjeloc

• Babyface
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2017, 10:56:47 AM »
Alright, so this piqued my interest. Sure enough, there are $35 seats still available.
We have been eyeballing this for a while, if work cooperates, my wife and I may make a road trip. :)

Offline Kayni

• Babyface
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2017, 04:02:10 PM »

My son (turns 8 in two weeks) expressed interest in going to see U2 "next time" (my wife and I saw them in Arlington a couple of weeks ago). We can fly for free (non-rev), so I'm thinking about possibly getting tickets and going (although the flights don't look great).

If not, I may get some cheap seats for one of the shows that go on sale in a bit for later in the summer.

Louisville's airport is extremely lacking, and it's always a pain trying to get a decently timed flight. That being said...do it! It's actually easy to get to the stadium from the airport. Not only that, it's a great city to spend the weekend in! :) And I'm very happy to give any food/drink/entertainment suggestions!

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think the Indy show will sell about like Louisville. So that might also be one to check out tickets/flights.

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 04:17:21 PM »

Louisville's airport is extremely lacking, and it's always a pain trying to get a decently timed flight. That being said...do it! It's actually easy to get to the stadium from the airport. Not only that, it's a great city to spend the weekend in! :) And I'm very happy to give any food/drink/entertainment suggestions!

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think the Indy show will sell about like Louisville. So that might also be one to check out tickets/flights.

Thanks Kayni. Cool to think the band themselves will fly into the Louisville airport (probably Friday showday afternoon). I see the airport is just south of the papajohn's Cardinal's stadium.

On Saturday I might explore a bit. Anywhere with generous parking up north along the Ohio River? It can be anywhere along the river, from the Waterfront Park stretching all the way West.

I see Fri-Sat is KY Pride Festival at the Belvedere (??), so I might avoid the downtown river area to avoid downtown+festival traffic.

Maybe I should stay south by Churchill Downs (KY Derby), or see if there's anything going on in the KY Expo Center/Freedom Hall.

edit: there is NOTHING going on at the KY Expo Center/Freedom Hall on 16-17 June. poopoo.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:20:39 PM by skelter »