Author Topic: Kentucky can't sell  (Read 4804 times)

monopoly

Re: Kentucky can't sell
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2017, 04:49:33 PM »
Seeing tons of seats for San Diego. What's up with the VIP Section inside the soundboard/mixing desk?

Offline GPitt

• Babyface
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2017, 07:10:26 PM »
I'm thinking about driving over from Pittsburgh for the show if I can get cheap tix like I did here. Louisville is one of my favorite cities!

Offline Kayni

• Babyface
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2017, 10:04:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Alright, so this piqued my interest. Sure enough, there are $35 seats still available.

My son (turns 8 in two weeks) expressed interest in going to see U2 "next time" (my wife and I saw them in Arlington a couple of weeks ago). We can fly for free (non-rev), so I'm thinking about possibly getting tickets and going (although the flights don't look great).

If not, I may get some cheap seats for one of the shows that go on sale in a bit for later in the summer.

Louisville's airport is extremely lacking, and it's always a pain trying to get a decently timed flight. That being said...do it! It's actually easy to get to the stadium from the airport. Not only that, it's a great city to spend the weekend in! :) And I'm very happy to give any food/drink/entertainment suggestions!

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think the Indy show will sell about like Louisville. So that might also be one to check out tickets/flights.

Thanks Kayni. Cool to think the band themselves will fly into the Louisville airport (probably Friday showday afternoon). I see the airport is just south of the papajohn's Cardinal's stadium.

On Saturday I might explore a bit. Anywhere with generous parking up north along the Ohio River? It can be anywhere along the river, from the Waterfront Park stretching all the way West.

I see Fri-Sat is KY Pride Festival at the Belvedere (??), so I might avoid the downtown river area to avoid downtown+festival traffic.

Maybe I should stay south by Churchill Downs (KY Derby), or see if there's anything going on in the KY Expo Center/Freedom Hall.

edit: there is NOTHING going on at the KY Expo Center/Freedom Hall on 16-17 June. poopoo.

Yep, Pride Festival will clog up downtown a little...especially on Friday which is parade day. Thankfully the airport and the stadium are not very close to downtown.  Waterfront Park has decent parking, especially further east of downtown. If it isn't too hot, it would be fun to park at Big Four Bridge and walk across to Jeffersonville, IN. Their waterfront area is also beautiful, and there are some great places for food there. If you like craft beer, Flat 12 Brewery is in walking distance from the bridge, and they have a great deck looking over the river.

Speaking of Craft Beer, Louisville has some great places to check that won't be caught in Pride congestion either. Mile Wide Brewing is my favorite, in the Highlands. Monnik Beer in Germantown is also great (and if you're not into craft beer, Monnik has a great menu regardless).

"NuLu" (I hate that name but there it is), which is basically East Market Street, has plenty of great restaurants and bars. I can recommend Grind Burger Kitchen and Royals Hot Chicken.

Saturday Night Ha Ha Tonka is playing Zanzabar, which is also home to an extremely impressive pinball collection.

As far as lodging...I'm not sure what the hotel situation will look like, but if you use AirBnB there should be some fun choices. Look for things in the Highlands, Frankfort Avenue, even Jeffersonville, IN.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:06:43 AM by Kayni »

Offline u2fanaticforever

• Babyface
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2017, 01:57:31 PM »
I have 2 Red Zone tickets to sell - I don't live in the area and now have a personal conflict and unfortunately can't go (don't worry, seeing them in Red Zone in Cleveland!) - Selling for $375 each.  I was able to change the name at Will Call to my friend who lives there and who already has GA seats (and he doesn't have the money to spend on RZ) - and he will meet you to give you the tickets.  Message me if interested! 

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »
Yep, Pride Festival will clog up downtown a little...especially on Friday which is parade day. Thankfully the airport and the stadium are not very close to downtown.  Waterfront Park has decent parking, especially further east of downtown. If it isn't too hot, it would be fun to park at Big Four Bridge and walk across to Jeffersonville, IN. Their waterfront area is also beautiful, and there are some great places for food there. If you like craft beer, Flat 12 Brewery is in walking distance from the bridge, and they have a great deck looking over the river.

Speaking of Craft Beer, Louisville has some great places to check that won't be caught in Pride congestion either. Mile Wide Brewing is my favorite, in the Highlands. Monnik Beer in Germantown is also great (and if you're not into craft beer, Monnik has a great menu regardless).

"NuLu" (I hate that name but there it is), which is basically East Market Street, has plenty of great restaurants and bars. I can recommend Grind Burger Kitchen and Royals Hot Chicken.

Saturday Night Ha Ha Tonka is playing Zanzabar, which is also home to an extremely impressive pinball collection.

As far as lodging...I'm not sure what the hotel situation will look like, but if you use AirBnB there should be some fun choices. Look for things in the Highlands, Frankfort Avenue, even Jeffersonville, IN.

Thank you kayni. Saturday is 95F, too hot to walk the Big Four Bridge sadly. I might park even further east of the bridge. Sadly the seafood restaurants there look lame, because it's so far from downtown. At least I could look at Ohio River.

edited to quote less old posts
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:33:08 PM by skelter »

Offline U21978man

• Babyface
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2017, 06:49:29 AM »
StubHub says 972 tickets left for louisville U 2 show tomorrow I,m not sure how accurate stubhub is ? Not a bad attendance if that's the case!

Offline vegasn2001

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2017, 07:12:10 AM »
I am coming up with about 2000 (non resell) tickets remaining on Ticketmaster.  That's about half of what it was on Monday when I checked.  Stubhub shows only the tickets available on their own resell site. 

I am looking for advice on parking / traffic.

We are going to Churchill Downs before the show.  Its a mile from the venue.  I doubt we can leave our car there so what is the best place to park for an easy (least stressful) exit from the stadium?  We are driving back to Cincinnati after the show so I am willing to walk some if it means less time stuck in traffic.  Any suggestions?

Offline U21978man

• Babyface
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
I am coming up with about 2000 (non resell) tickets remaining on Ticketmaster.  That's about half of what it was on Monday when I checked.  Stubhub shows only the tickets available on their own resell site. 

We are going to Churchill Downs before the show.  Its a mile from the venue.  I doubt we can leave our car there so what is the best place to park for an easy (least stressful) exit from the stadium?  We are driving back to Cincinnati after the show so I am willing to walk some if it means less time stuck in traffic.  Any suggestions?

the stadium parking opens at 2pm for $20 a day!   you could maybe park there?

Offline vegasn2001

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2017, 07:45:23 AM »

I may have to.  My original idea was to leave it at Churchill Downs, Lyft/Cab over to the stadium and walk back after.  I will have to ask someone there if its possible to leave my car.  If it wasn't going to be 93 degrees, I would just park at the stadium lot first, then walk over to the track.

Offline U21978man

• Babyface
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2017, 07:55:42 AM »

I may have to.  My original idea was to leave it at Churchill Downs, Lyft/Cab over to the stadium and walk back after.  I will have to ask someone there if its possible to leave my car.  If it wasn't going to be 93 degrees, I would just park at the stadium lot first, then walk over to the track.
I hope it all works out for you anyways enjoy the show !!! I know I will it's been 30 long years since I saw U2 live been  hooked on U2 ever since!

Offline vegasn2001

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2017, 08:24:13 AM »
I hope it all works out for you anyways enjoy the show !!! I know I will it's been 30 long years since I saw U2 live been  hooked on U2 ever since!

I definitely will enjoy the show.  I saw U2 during the Popmart tour but haven't seen them again since. 

Thanks for the advice and opening time on the parking lot!  Its incredibly useful.

Offline Kayni

• Babyface
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2017, 12:34:49 PM »

Maybe call Churchill Downs and ask how late their lots stay open? Parking there then lyfting to the stadium would definitely be your best bet to beat traffic that night, I'd imagine (though getting a lyft after the show may be tough).