Author Topic: By any chance, has anybody heard these strange Pop demos?  (Read 298 times)

Online WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
By any chance, has anybody heard these strange Pop demos?
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:19:13 PM »
Was surfing around the world-wide-web when I came across this peculiar video on YouTube... some "Hong Kong Mixes" as they were... Incredible!!!

I have never seen this linked video here and I wantes to be sure everybody got to hear this stuff: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sorry, it just seems like there can't be a thread on this website that does not mention the Hong Kong Mixes.

Offline DK46

• Stateless
Re: By any chance, has anybody heard these strange Pop demos?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 08:02:03 PM »
I think that was mentioned in another Pop thread, but yeah, I've seen that link and those demos sound incredible.

A 20th anniversary collection in honor of Pop would be insane, of course, it ain't gonna happen.  Thankfully, another TJT reissue is on the horizon!  I'd love to hear those raw versions of those songs, as a huge Pop fan, it would bee fascinating to see the evolution of these tracks.  Mofo, in particular, sounds incredible.  I like that raw edge (no pun intended) and Do You Feel Loved also sounds epic. 

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:29:29 PM »
lol you're joking right? all the Pop threads contain links to the HK demos

Offline The Exile

• Elevated
  • Been around the back, Been around the front.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:32:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Was surfing around the world-wide-web when I came across this peculiar video on YouTube... some "Hong Kong Mixes" as they were... Incredible!!!

I have never seen this linked video here and I wantes to be sure everybody got to hear this stuff: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sorry, it just seems like there can't be a thread on this website that does not mention the Hong Kong Mixes.

Wow, major discovery! I have thoughts on these newly unearthed clips, but I'll start a new thread to share them....

Offline Blueyedboy

• Numb
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 03:44:05 AM »

Haha, you almost pulled it off, you're just forgetting to act as if you actually made the demos yourself.

Online WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 07:02:42 AM »

Haha, you almost pulled it off, you're just forgetting to act as if you actually made the demos yourself.
Maybe I should sue U2 for plagiarism?

Offline Smee

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 10:10:54 AM »
As far as the HK mixes go.....its yet further proof of just how much better u2 could be if they stopped polishing the life out of their songs.

Online WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 10:37:58 AM »
lol you're joking right? all the Pop threads contain links to the HK demos
It's seeping into every thread now...

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 11:46:25 AM »
look i'll say this. let them re-record the whole album like they want to, but just give us a disc of the entire HK demos and unreleased songs from the same sessions in a Pop deluxe set, and all is forgiven.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »
look i'll say this. let them re-record the whole album like they want to, but just give us a disc of the entire HK demos and unreleased songs from the same sessions in a Pop deluxe set, and all is forgiven.

I'd be the first to buy it, but they'll never do it. 

Offline Blueyedboy

• Numb
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 03:11:37 PM »
These mixes tell me that U2 came into the studio to deconstruct a third parties work until the Producer/Band balance was in their favour.

This is in no way a criticism.