Author Topic: Tour question  (Read 679 times)

Offline dfnw

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Tour question
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:30:06 PM »
Hello all,
I have an interesting tour question. I bought tickets to Chicago for the JT tour. Now, as we all know it's using the ticketless/credit card option. Now, I cannot make it due to unforeseen consequences. I realized I am unable to re-sell my ticket the hard way. So I figure ok, I'll release my tickets and get a refund. Ticketmaster told me Chicago is not allowing refunds. So.....? How do I go about making this work? I cannot sell my tix, I can't get a refund. I have a hard time believing every single person who bought a ticket is attending, and I can't imagine the band and venue didn't account for refunds/returns. Any ideas? Anyone else having the same issue? I'm a bit at a loss now and just want to at least get a refund since I can't attend. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo
Re: Tour question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:21:48 PM »
If it's a GA for Sunday, I'll buy.

Offline dfnw

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:28:29 AM »
They are 2 GA's for saturday

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 11:54:16 AM »
I need them! I only have Sunday. I recently learned that
Ticketmaster will refund, but only for 24 hrs and only if you don't buy the insurance. I always buy the insurance. We might be able to ask TM to directly transfer the ticket.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Online jgrooms

• Wanderer
  • Hello
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 05:37:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello all,
I have an interesting tour question. I bought tickets to Chicago for the JT tour. Now, as we all know it's using the ticketless/credit card option. Now, I cannot make it due to unforeseen consequences. I realized I am unable to re-sell my ticket the hard way. So I figure ok, I'll release my tickets and get a refund. Ticketmaster told me Chicago is not allowing refunds. So.....? How do I go about making this work? I cannot sell my tix, I can't get a refund. I have a hard time believing every single person who bought a ticket is attending, and I can't imagine the band and venue didn't account for refunds/returns. Any ideas? Anyone else having the same issue? I'm a bit at a loss now and just want to at least get a refund since I can't attend. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

You had TM on the phone, did you ask them?

Offline Saint1322

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 03:06:32 PM »
Hello all,

I have a real problem with this. It isn't like TM isn't going to be able to re-sell the ticket. Life happens. You might consider calling your credit card provider to see if they have any thoughts.

Sometimes, you just have to tell TM what's what. I once (after very carefully reading the fine print) called to cancel one pair of tickets for a Noel Gallagher show because I pulled a MUCH better pair later. TM tried to give me a bad time about it, and if you can believe this, the TM agent actually said to me 'Sir, it sounds like you are trying to cherry-pick seats.' I responded with about a 2-minute rant that included 'I am going by YOUR rules on YOUR site that very clearly state refunds are available for this show, and if YOU had sold the best tickets first, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I've been waiting for 20 years for this (expletive) to tour, so I suggest you do your job before I get upset.'

And he did it. You can always ask to be passed up the chain until you talk to someone who has the authority to do something the average person in the call center can't, or again, you could try calling your credit card provider, because I can't imagine they'd be too pleased about a customer being treated this way.

I get the point of all of this, but someone who calls and says 'I can't make this show; I'd like a refund' is CLEARLY not trying to game the system in any way. All you want is your money back, and TM is free to sell the tickets to someone else. I don't see the problem.

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 07:03:35 PM »
Hello all,

I have a real problem with this. It isn't like TM isn't going to be able to re-sell the ticket. Life happens. You might consider calling your credit card provider to see if they have any thoughts.

Sometimes, you just have to tell TM what's what. I once (after very carefully reading the fine print) called to cancel one pair of tickets for a Noel Gallagher show because I pulled a MUCH better pair later. TM tried to give me a bad time about it, and if you can believe this, the TM agent actually said to me 'Sir, it sounds like you are trying to cherry-pick seats.' I responded with about a 2-minute rant that included 'I am going by YOUR rules on YOUR site that very clearly state refunds are available for this show, and if YOU had sold the best tickets first, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I've been waiting for 20 years for this (expletive) to tour, so I suggest you do your job before I get upset.'

And he did it. You can always ask to be passed up the chain until you talk to someone who has the authority to do something the average person in the call center can't, or again, you could try calling your credit card provider, because I can't imagine they'd be too pleased about a customer being treated this way.

I get the point of all of this, but someone who calls and says 'I can't make this show; I'd like a refund' is CLEARLY not trying to game the system in any way. All you want is your money back, and TM is free to sell the tickets to someone else. I don't see the problem.

It's not really up to TM on if they can refund a ticket or not.  It's up to the venue where the show is being held and sometimes it's even up to the artist.  A lot of times when TM denies a refund request, it's really more the venue or artist telling them to tell the customer no.  Also, don't be too sure that someone calling to ask for a refund isn't trying to game the system.  Many times, scalpers who can't resell some tickets will call trying to get them refunded instead of being stuck with them. 

Although, I've never understood buying a ticket for an event and then not making sure that your life is planned around attending that event.  I get that there a things that come up, but it's surprising to me how many people experience some sort of tragic life event and their first reaction is to ask for a refund for their concert tickets.  It's as if they are literally lying in the hospital and tell the doctor that they know they are being rushed into emergency surgery, but they need hold on so they can take 10 minutes to call about a refund on their tickets. 

Offline Saint1322

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 09:56:05 AM »
Hello all,

It's not really up to TM on if they can refund a ticket or not.  It's up to the venue where the show is being held and sometimes it's even up to the artist.  A lot of times when TM denies a refund request, it's really more the venue or artist telling them to tell the customer no.  Also, don't be too sure that someone calling to ask for a refund isn't trying to game the system.  Many times, scalpers who can't resell some tickets will call trying to get them refunded instead of being stuck with them. 

Although, I've never understood buying a ticket for an event and then not making sure that your life is planned around attending that event.  I get that there a things that come up, but it's surprising to me how many people experience some sort of tragic life event and their first reaction is to ask for a refund for their concert tickets.  It's as if they are literally lying in the hospital and tell the doctor that they know they are being rushed into emergency surgery, but they need hold on so they can take 10 minutes to call about a refund on their tickets. 

This far in advance, a scalper isn't worried about getting burned, though I do see your point. However ... There's not much in this world of commerce that can't be returned or refunded. To be brutally honest with you, if I were in this situation, I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever waiting until closer to the show and telling a big, fat lie -- whatever I had to make up, I'll let you use your imagination -- to get my money back. The buyer didn't do this on purpose. The venue/TM are being inflexible. Screw them. They screw us every day.

Don't expect me to eat $500 tickets because TM is suddenly worried about scalpers. They sure as you-know-what aren't too worried about them when the tickets go on sale.

Stealing from the thieves, as Yer Man once said. :)