Author Topic: Joshua Tree 2017 T Shirts  (Read 1062 times)

Offline opening night

• Wanderer
Re: Joshua Tree 2017 T Shirts
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What's remarkable is that Teespring shut us down on trademark/copyright grounds when we did a fundraiser selling t-shirts with things like "Always. Forever. Now" and "Midnight is where the day begins" on the front. And yet here's someone totally copying the name of the band, tour, logos, etc., and it's all fine and good ... carry on!

No, I'm not too angry with Teespring. ;-)

I still don't get it that u2start.com sold lots of T-shirts with quotes from songs of innocence and "u2" in 2014/15.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland
Re: Joshua Tree 2017 T Shirts
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »
What's remarkable is that Teespring shut us down on trademark/copyright grounds when we did a fundraiser selling t-shirts with things like "Always. Forever. Now" and "Midnight is where the day begins" on the front. And yet here's someone totally copying the name of the band, tour, logos, etc., and it's all fine and good ... carry on!

No, I'm not too angry with Teespring. ;-)

I still don't get it that u2start.com sold lots of T-shirts with quotes from songs of innocence and "u2" in 2014/15.

Only thing I can think of is either they got some sort of permission from the band or no one reported it therefore it went unnoticed and didn't get pulled.

I think it's ridiculous either way.