Author Topic: U2 are in Vancouver for rehearsal  (Read 18961 times)

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
U2 are in Vancouver for rehearsal
« on: April 01, 2017, 10:50:01 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last night in Dublin, packing up onto trucks.

Only 6 weeks away!! hopefully they're Vancouver bound for rehearsal
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:58:13 AM by OnlyU2 »

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: U2 are in Vancouver for rehearsal
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 11:08:33 AM »
How far are you from the stadium? Will you go hang out to see what you can see and hear?
Keep us updated!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 11:39:33 AM »
That's Dublin, BTW.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 11:45:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's Dublin, BTW.

yes, as I posted
Last night in Dublin, packing up onto trucks.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 11:46:34 AM »
How far are you from the stadium? Will you go hang out to see what you can see and hear?
Keep us updated!

It's a 30 minute skytrain ride to the Stadium, so I will be going down there for sure !!!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »
Keep us updated!

It's a 30 minute skytrain ride to the Stadium, so I will be going down there for sure !!!
Very cool...let us know what's going on!

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »
I live in Vancouver. I imagine rehearsals will take place in the old Pacific Coliseum. This is where they rehearsed the I&E tour and also where I saw the best concert of my life (arena Zoo TV April 1992). BC Place is a stadium and the local soccer team plays and they will be using it till mid April. Also a lot more expensive to rent a stadium then a unused arena. My bet is the band rehearses at the Pacific Coliseum and then take over BC Place to build out the stage a 1-2 weeks before the first show.

monopoly

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 10:30:57 PM »
I live in Vancouver. I imagine rehearsals will take place in the old Pacific Coliseum. This is where they rehearsed the I&E tour and also where I saw the best concert of my life (arena Zoo TV April 1992). BC Place is a stadium and the local soccer team plays and they will be using it till mid April. Also a lot more expensive to rent a stadium then a unused arena. My bet is the band rehearses at the Pacific Coliseum and then take over BC Place to build out the stage a 1-2 weeks before the first show.

If they're going to rehearse indoors why waste the money when they can just rehearse in a studio? They were certainly rehearsing when that set list leaked. I think theyll go straight to rehearsing on the actual stage now. They rehearsed outdoors on 360, after in studio rehearsals

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 06:13:28 AM »
I figured that it would be time to get into rehearsing time.
Great fun speculating.
Hope you get to hear and maybe see a bit.

Offline sharebear

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 08:56:22 AM »

They won't rehearse in an Arena for a stadium tour. It'll most likely be at BC Place for production rehearsals.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 09:05:04 AM »

They won't rehearse in an Arena for a stadium tour. It'll most likely be at BC Place for production rehearsals.

That's what I'm thinking

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 09:27:06 AM »

If that's the case then the equipment in the picture may as well stay in storage for another few weeks as BC Place won't be available till mid April. Even at that point I doubt they would rent the stadium for a month. Most likely they come to Vancouver beginning of May.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2017, 09:35:01 AM »

If that's the case then the equipment in the picture may as well stay in storage for another few weeks as BC Place won't be available till mid April. Even at that point I doubt they would rent the stadium for a month. Most likely they come to Vancouver beginning of May.

I could see them renting a stadium for a few weeks.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »

I could see them renting a stadium for a few weeks.
Yes that would be the most logical thing to do, renting stadium.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 11:33:59 AM »
As you do.