Author Topic: U2 are in Vancouver for rehearsal  (Read 16940 times)

Offline pdk

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: U2 are in Vancouver for rehearsal
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2017, 06:54:35 AM »
ATU2's youtube page has most of the set from last night.  I'm almost saddened by how unimpressive I found the show musically.

I'm never one to get on the bandwagon of criticizing how a band puts together a show. Especially one of the most successful bands in history. Lots of people did based on the setlist and flow during the rehearsals and... they were right.  "A Sort of Homecoming" was just...a wasted opportunity.

Wow... never in my life have I been disappointed by them as a live act.  This?  Musically mediocre... AT BEST. 

Remove the visuals and ask yourself.... if I wanted to listen to a live show... will this ever be the one I want to hear? 

It's visually stunning in parts for sure.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 07:04:42 AM by pdk »

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2017, 08:20:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ATU2's youtube page has most of the set from last night.  I'm almost saddened by how unimpressive I found the show musically.

I'm never one to get on the bandwagon of criticizing how a band puts together a show. Especially one of the most successful bands in history. Lots of people did based on the setlist and flow during the rehearsals and... they were right.  "A Sort of Homecoming" was just...a wasted opportunity.

Wow... never in my life have I been disappointed by them as a live act.  This?  Musically mediocre... AT BEST. 

Remove the visuals and ask yourself.... if I wanted to listen to a live show... will this ever be the one I want to hear? 

What was wrong with ASOH?

Offline pdk

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #212 on: May 13, 2017, 09:13:46 AM »

What was wrong with ASOH?

The show FOR ME lacked intensity throughout.  ASOH - I didn't care for the keys mimicing the original live guitar line while Edge did "Beautiful Day" opening harmonics style.... but that wouldn't have killed it if the singer sounded committed. 

One thing I will say about this show is that Bono was utterly competent... but not much else.   They were shiny....yet hollow.  But there were lots of pretty visuals.

I am really disappointed by what I saw.  the best thing about the show.... wasn't the band. 

Of course that's like... my opinion man.

Offline mr_perfect

• Babyface
« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »
Anyone on the floor able to describe it? Lots of rail in person?

if you arent in the first 350 people or so you will not get a rail. i was around 550 today and was about 3rd row dead centre to adam...
Thanks for sharing! You were number #550, what time did u get in line? (I guess the opener Vancouver had GA lineup start pretty early)

Also, did Adam see you? ;D

i was in line around 10am. the numbering system ended at 500.

i dont normally try to get anyones attention on stage but im sure if he was looking at the audience hed have seen me ;)

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2017, 04:33:14 PM »
I am curious about the viewing angle for the backdrop screen.  I have upper deck tickets at midfield for the Louisville show.  At some point folks that have side seats are going to be at too sharp of an angle to view the screen.  This obviously wasn't an issue for 360 and not much of an issue for I+E, but with the screen being such a vital part of this show, I do wonder about viewing angles.