Author Topic: A minor nuisance...  (Read 622 times)

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
A minor nuisance...
« on: April 02, 2017, 09:48:23 PM »
Is there any way that y'all could change the title introducing the sub-boards underneath Tours section of the forum? Maybe something more appropriate than "Child Boards"?! I sure hope that there aren't any children buying/trading/selling U2 tickets!

It isn't a big deal, really. I'm just pointing out a small mistake!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:51:45 PM by WookieeWarrior10 »

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: A minor nuisance...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 07:41:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there any way that y'all could change the title introducing the sub-boards underneath Tours section of the forum? Maybe something more appropriate than "Child Boards"?! I sure hope that there aren't any children buying/trading/selling U2 tickets!

A child board is a board which is located within another board -- the board it is in is called its parent board. Child boards can be used to organize discussions into several broad topics. Child boards are listed directly under their parents.

Some forums use the terminology 'sub forums' but this forums default settting is 'child boards'....it can usually be changed by admi  from those default settings but it would need forum admin to think it was worth doing....

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 10:25:35 AM »

A child board is a board which is located within another board -- the board it is in is called its parent board. Child boards can be used to organize discussions into several broad topics. Child boards are listed directly under their parents.

Some forums use the terminology 'sub forums' but this forums default settting is 'child boards'....it can usually be changed by admi  from those default settings but it would need forum admin to think it was worth doing....
Oh, that makes more sense. I remember when we had the Real World section still, back when Fun and Games was listed under Child Boards... which got me thinking it was for children...

Ugh.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »

Oh, that makes more sense. I remember when we had the Real World section still, back when Fun and Games was listed under Child Boards... which got me thinking it was for children...

Ugh.

I thought the same thing.  I always thought it a bit strange for children to visit the forum.  Who knew?