Author Topic: U2 will appear on Kendrick Lamar's new album.  (Read 15477 times)

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
Re: U2 will appear on Kendrick Lamar's new album.
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2017, 07:22:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why on earth are U2 doing a song with Lemar? wasn't he on the UK version of xfactor or popstars?

I remember his song "if theres any justice in this world you would be my guy and I would be your girl"

if you are being legit, than I really feel for you matey.

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2017, 07:23:12 AM »
1 2 3 4 5

I am the greatest rapper ALIVE !

.. Omg less than 24hrs to go !!

Offline Daniel94

• Refugee
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2017, 08:22:34 AM »
If it does turn out to be a sample, I've changed my prediction from Bullet to ISHFWILF

monopoly

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2017, 08:53:37 AM »
If it does turn out to be a sample, I've changed my prediction from Bullet to ISHFWILF

It's red hill to get people excited

Offline Smithy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
All my mates hyped for it who love Kendrick but arent big on U2, predicted Bullet cause i could see that going off but will see. Initially when i saw them on the writing credits i thought it would be a sample but now that they are actually listed as featuring i think they will play a much larger role..

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »
Lebron James was listening to a few songs off the album in his Instagram story just under an hour ago. Looks like he stopped before he got to the U2 song though. Overall it sounds less jazzy than TPAB so far.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:13:42 AM by Messenger »

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2017, 11:12:29 AM »
It's Elevation....

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2017, 11:16:02 AM »
Lebron James was listening to a few songs off the album in his Instagram story just under an hour ago. Looks like he stopped before he got to the U2 song though. Overall it sounds less jazzy than TPAB so far.

That's not what Kendrick fans said. Apparently they compiled all the clips into a YouTube video and it sounds like James did listen to part of the U2 track as Bono could be heard singing (per the fans). I haven't listened to it so I can't confirm.

Edit: just listened to it, I don't hear Bono's voice at all. Maybe he did preview the track just not U2's part of it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:23:43 AM by tigerfan41 »

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »
Predicting that it's a sample of Pete the Chop.

Offline Daniel94

• Refugee
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2017, 11:40:28 AM »

Yea, I don't think Lebron played the U2 song.

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »

That's not what Kendrick fans said. Apparently they compiled all the clips into a YouTube video and it sounds like James did listen to part of the U2 track as Bono could be heard singing (per the fans). I haven't listened to it so I can't confirm.

Edit: just listened to it, I don't hear Bono's voice at all. Maybe he did preview the track just not U2's part of it.

This is an unfair generalization, but not sure I trust Kendrick fans to pick out Bono's voice lol I listened a few times with headphones directly from his Instagram. Some songs perfectly overlap a few instagram story sections but they're not always smooth transitions.

1st song is: Element (according to Lebron's caption)

2nd song: Feel (easily discerned from the lyrics)

Next song on the tracklist is Loyalty Ft. Rihanna but the third song in the clip starts with some singing (definitely non-Bono/Rihanna singing): "Love's gonna get you killed. A price (??) gonna be the death of you and you and me and you and you and me..." So maybe Lebron skipped ahead to the song called Love. After that intro, the next section is where a beat starts and Kendrick sings (/w some background vocals, think it's just multi-layered Kendrick though). The bass distorts the music so much here you can't clearly hear the music but there's nothing to signify it's the Edge playing the two repeating notes.

Anyway, it's the afternoon before a long weekend and I'm bored at work.

My guess, for some reason, is Stateless.

Offline snailstampede

• Wanderer
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »
I watched the Lebron video, but I don't think I heard any Bono on it. Glad to hear a taste of it. Definitely a bit of a departure from TPAB, and it just makes me all the more excited to hear the album as soon as I can!

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2017, 12:08:14 PM »

This is an unfair generalization, but not sure I trust Kendrick fans to pick out Bono's voice lol I listened a few times with headphones directly from his Instagram. Some songs perfectly overlap a few instagram story sections but they're not always smooth transitions.

1st song is: Element (according to Lebron's caption)

2nd song: Feel (easily discerned from the lyrics)

Next song on the tracklist is Loyalty Ft. Rihanna but the third song in the clip starts with some singing (definitely non-Bono/Rihanna singing): "Love's gonna get you killed. A price (??) gonna be the death of you and you and me and you and you and me..." So maybe Lebron skipped ahead to the song called Love. After that intro, the next section is where a beat starts and Kendrick sings (/w some background vocals, think it's just multi-layered Kendrick though). The bass distorts the music so much here you can't clearly hear the music but there's nothing to signify it's the Edge playing the two repeating notes.

Anyway, it's the afternoon before a long weekend and I'm bored at work.

My guess, for some reason, is Stateless.

I agree with you. I think James intentionally skipped U2's track, probably to keep the hype going for it. Nothing I heard of that clip suggests any U2 involvement, not even a sample.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2017, 12:20:30 PM »
... lament all you want about the yutes and the culture,  but they couldn't buy that kind of exposure (though I guess technically they sorta did).

U2 don't need exposure. What do they think will happen? A bunch of teenagers will hear this song and jump on the U2 bandwagon so they can wait til they're out of college for a new album to come out?

How else would u2 grow their fan base?

Grow their fan base? I'm pretty sure they're like the most well-known band in existence.

I just graduated high school. Not one student in school knew who u2 was until one day someone started complaining where some songs came from. Next thing you know, all the kids around me we're on twitter messaging Tim Cook to remove the entire thing. That's the only thing they know about u2. And because of that people I talked to didn't even care to give their older material a chance. And the fact u2 doesn't get big radio play on the Pop stations like KISS FM doesn't help them grow with younger crowds since most don't listen to rock stations. I knew quite a lot of people who either have no clue who they are or won't even give them a chance because of apple.

I'm in Los Angeles and my class size was 1200 of a 4500 student school

It will be much more so once they are dead or otherwise retired, but I think U2 will be one of those bands kids "discover" around college age going forward, the way that my late 90's classmates would get into Pink Floyd, the Beatles, etc.

Exactly.

I know lots of high school kids, most of whom don't deserve U2. Shhhh, s'ok. Just listen to bubblegum pop or rappers bragging about their penises, and when you grow up and develop actual taste, you'll figure it out.

After all, I don't waste good bourbon on people who just want to get $h!t-faced on Coors Lite.

Offline This Dave

• Numb
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2017, 02:13:41 PM »
Predicting that it's a sample of Pete the Chop.

Pshhh. Everyone knows it's Father Is An Elephant.