Author Topic: Jah Wobble / The Edge / Holger Czukay - Snake Charmer  (Read 250 times)

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
Jah Wobble / The Edge / Holger Czukay - Snake Charmer
« on: April 07, 2017, 02:25:46 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Fairly recently, I accidentally came across some tracks on youtube from this side project I hadn't previously known about. I found this music to be not bad, not bad at all. What do you all think of "Snake Charmer"? Is the album even available on CD, if not as a standalone then maybe as part of a box?
I'm actually surprised Edge hasn't done more outside excursions like this from 1983 or his soundtrack to the film "Captive" from 1987.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I just didn't find anything about it on this board.

Online WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
Re: Jah Wobble / The Edge / Holger Czukay - Snake Charmer
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »
I just listened to a little bit on YouTube and it sounds very interesting. Never heard of this before you posted, so thank you for posting!

Offline Smee

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 01:13:48 PM »
I have this on Vinyl. Im not 100% sure, but i think it is only available on vinyl

Offline JFW

• Stateless
  • Lookin' in the places where no flowers grow
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 03:56:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have this on Vinyl. Im not 100% sure, but i think it is only available on vinyl
Yes, only vinyl ans cassette

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Dublin, Chicago 1, Toronto
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 06:14:45 PM »
I own this and it seems to fall into many of the 80s experimental releases from that era that was spearheaded by Eno. Get a new instrument/toy/device and make an album out of it. Sadly, many of these did not date well.

I got turned onto Can because of this release but the more interesting band from this genre is Faust. Now that is interesting stuff. 

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 09:42:02 AM »
I bought a copy of this a few years ago and it's an interesting listen, though far from essential.

Offline MEMORY_MAN

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I must follow the path to the endless road...
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 05:03:24 PM »
Years ago I was talking with a record store owner about U2 and he told me about this.  He was so amazing.  He made a copy of this on cassette from his vinyl.  I wore out that tape.  Much of what I love about the Edge is on this.  I miss the way he played lap steel and wish he would bring it back.  Wish the more experimental and side of U2 would shine again.

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 05:23:30 PM »
I liked the Captive soundtrack, and the single "Heroine", with Sinead O'Connor, is very good.  For those who haven't heard it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login