Author Topic: Paperless Credit Card Tickets  (Read 481 times)

Offline Crafty

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Paperless Credit Card Tickets
« on: April 12, 2017, 04:36:19 PM »
Hi Guys,
Completely off the record but looking for some advice. I'm going to the LA gig on may 20th. Tickets have been gifted to me by a friend who can't make the show. I'm from Dublin Ireland and have booked flights and a hotel. The tickets are credit card tickets - I will have a lend of the credit card used to purchase tickets but I won't have ID. From experience will I be asked to produce I'd or will the credit card be sufficient for entry?

Thanks all

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Paperless Credit Card Tickets
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 04:39:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Guys,
Completely off the record but looking for some advice. I'm going to the LA gig on may 20th. Tickets have been gifted to me by a friend who can't make the show. I'm from Dublin Ireland and have booked flights and a hotel. The tickets are credit card tickets - I will have a lend of the credit card used to purchase tickets but I won't have ID. From experience will I be asked to produce I'd or will the credit card be sufficient for entry?

Thanks all

The card will be enough - the venues just want to get people inside as quickly and efficiently as possible.

It was card entry for shows at the o2 I attended on last tour and the card is all they are interested in.

Don't worry.

Offline Crafty

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 04:47:20 PM »
Cheers mate. Just have terrible visions of being turned away after travelling 6k miles

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 04:47:29 PM »
but it's not efficient. they swipe the card and wait to print off tickets for you. it used to be efficient.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 04:52:42 PM »
Cheers mate. Just have terrible visions of being turned away after travelling 6k miles

You won't be turned away....presentation of the card that bought the tickets is all they care about.

Enjoy the show and don't let any scare mongerers stories worry you. You'll be sound and get in no bother at all.

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
Hi Guys,

Thanks all

Just curious, are you coming to LA because you couldn't get Dublin?

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 04:58:22 PM »

You won't be turned away....presentation of the card that bought the tickets is all they care about.

Enjoy the show and don't let any scare mongerers stories worry you. You'll be sound and get in no bother at all.

Usually... I think there was one or two venues last time that did actually check

Offline Crafty

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 05:12:16 PM »
Hi Monopoly. I'm going to Dublin too - I have some friends living in California from Ireland I haven't seen them in a while. I have other friends in Dublin who bought tickets for LA but they can't go now so the other half treated me to the flight out.

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 09:17:04 PM »
Hi Monopoly. I'm going to Dublin too - I have some friends living in California from Ireland I haven't seen them in a while. I have other friends in Dublin who bought tickets for LA but they can't go now so the other half treated me to the flight out.

Baller!

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 11:19:25 AM »

Usually... I think there was one or two venues last time that did actually check
Only Montreal I believe.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 06:29:56 AM »

Only Montreal I believe.

Was at Montreal, no ID required for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 06:44:13 AM »
I agree that odds are pretty much in your favor. But if worse comes to worst, you can always play the "I forgot my ID" card and it'd be hard for me to picture someone at the venue saying, "Too bad, you can't get in."