Author Topic: New HTDAAB Vinyl Release  (Read 2111 times)

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
New HTDAAB Vinyl Release
« on: April 13, 2017, 09:10:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

April 28th is listed as the release date for a vinyl of HTDAAB. No idea if it'll be mastered better than the CD like how some people swear those Pearl Jam 2011 re-release Vinyl's sound better than the CDs. Although I think those were mastered differently. This just might be the same thing but on a record. It does include Fast Cars apparently.

Also curious why its just HTDAAB - no other post-80s studio album is available on new vinyl aside from SOI. Well, and the expensive Achtung super deluxe - though you can't just buy Achtung Baby on its own for 20 or so dollars. Maybe they'll just be released gradually.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:12:24 AM by AchtungPop »

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
Re: New HTDAAB Vinyl Release
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 10:14:46 AM »
I'll be buying this. Its missing from my vinyl collection.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 11:16:56 AM »
Already pre-ordered it last month. I am crossing my fingers that they will re-release AB, Zooropa and Pop as those are insanely expensive currently, just like HTDAAB was before this.

Offline snailstampede

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 11:59:44 AM »
I'd love to add their post-90s albums to my vinyl collection. I'll be stashing away some funds to try and pick this up!

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »
I'd love to add their post-90s albums to my vinyl collection. I'll be stashing away some funds to try and pick this up!

Yeah, they also need to do this next for ATYCLB. Looks like that one fetches a pretty penny on Amazon currently.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 01:56:43 PM »
I'm sure they'll all be released eventually.

Hopefully someone who gets this vinyl first can test it against the CD.

Offline lucas.homem

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 02:07:23 PM »
I'd love to hear this one. Maybe with better mastering and mixing the album can get quite good.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »
I'm sure they'll all be released eventually.

Hopefully someone who gets this vinyl first can test it against the CD.

I can, but not til it comes on the 28th. Very interested to see if this sounds better than the CD.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 06:16:03 PM »
They need to remix and remaster the cover art.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 09:31:25 PM »
Well most modern vinyl comes from a digital source anyway. And most albums recorded since the 90s, maybe even late 80s, were recorded digitally and not analog. But I guess the pressing could be better, although who knows if they decided to re-master it or anything. I feel like probably not, unless it can easily be done.

Offline JFW

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Lookin' in the places where no flowers grow
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 05:44:35 AM »
Well most modern vinyl comes from a digital source anyway. And most albums recorded since the 90s, maybe even late 80s, were recorded digitally and not analog. But I guess the pressing could be better, although who knows if they decided to re-master it or anything. I feel like probably not, unless it can easily be done.
It's true that it is probably from a digital source. But still to press an album on vinyl, the mastering has to be a bit different. The vinyl version of 2004 appears to be less 'hard' than the CD. So probably this one is, too.

Offline Smee

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »

April 28th is listed as the release date for a vinyl of HTDAAB. No idea if it'll be mastered better than the CD like how some people swear those Pearl Jam 2011 re-release Vinyl's sound better than the CDs. Although I think those were mastered differently. This just might be the same thing but on a record. It does include Fast Cars apparently.

Also curious why its just HTDAAB - no other post-80s studio album is available on new vinyl aside from SOI. Well, and the expensive Achtung super deluxe - though you can't just buy Achtung Baby on its own for 20 or so dollars. Maybe they'll just be released gradually.

I got my copy a couple of weeks ago. As far as the other post 90s albums go....my understanding that at least a few others, are set to follow
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:18:14 PM by Smee »

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 01:48:43 PM »
Yeah probably just going to gradually release them rather than some big promoted release for all of them. Though its not a studio album I just noticed U218 Singles is out May 5th.

Has anyone ever actually listened to an older analog record and then a newly released copy of the same album? Seems like there are so many different opinions.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:51:50 PM by AchtungPop »

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 09:39:08 PM »
Yeah probably just going to gradually release them rather than some big promoted release for all of them. Though its not a studio album I just noticed U218 Singles is out May 5th.

Has anyone ever actually listened to an older analog record and then a newly released copy of the same album? Seems like there are so many different opinions.

Really depends on your vinyl setup, too. If you want to really hear the difference between vinyl/CD/digital, you need to have a vinyl setup that costs at least $500 between the speakers, turntable, amp etc. Anything less than that and you're better off just investing in a semi-cheap CD player and decent set of speakers...vinyl won't sound any better in that price range.

Anyway, I just upgraded my vinyl/CD setup (the speakers) so I'm really interested to see if I can hear any differences on HTDAAB vinyl vs. the CD.

I don't understand why they are focusing so heavily on re-releasing the 00s albums on vinyl (especially the U218 album...really? It's not even as good as the 80s/90s compilations) when there's an even bigger need for re-releases of the 90s albums. That's my favorite decade of U2 music and I'm not gonna pay $300 to acquire those three albums on vinyl.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »
Hmm well its possible the 00s albums had a little more focus on vinyl versions when released so it might be easier? Or its possible they're going based on popularity/sales, HTDAAB & ATYCLB would be ahead of Pop, Zooropa and NLOTH. Yes Achtung Baby would be their most popular post-80s album, though you can technically get that on Vinyl with the Super Deluxe if people want to spend. They should release it on its own though. Sure it will eventually.

Although since its such a niche market though I really think its random. If they went purely on sales, ATYCLB would be first, not counting Achtung. I wouldn't worry, the rest will be released. Everyone else is doing it, mostly.