Author Topic: Returning to U2  (Read 541 times)

Offline Terminel

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Returning to U2
« on: April 14, 2017, 05:09:55 PM »
My best friend 30 years ago was radical compared to my tastes in regards to music. He had just bought the Joshua Tree album and we listened to it in his bedroom. Well that was it, I was hooked, the lyrics just seemed to chime. fell out of love with U2 for a while, don't know why, but I did. However, got tickets for Twickenham in the UK and have refreshed my love - I was such a crap fan!

Well thats changing - hi!

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
Re: Returning to U2
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 07:57:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Went through the the same thing a few years ago, but then SOI dropped and that eventually led me here!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 05:32:06 AM »
Welcome back to U2-land! And, welcome to the forum...it's a great place to spend time.

Offline RoyalBlue

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 06:44:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My best friend 30 years ago was radical compared to my tastes in regards to music. He had just bought the Joshua Tree album and we listened to it in his bedroom. Well that was it, I was hooked, the lyrics just seemed to chime. fell out of love with U2 for a while, don't know why, but I did. However, got tickets for Twickenham in the UK and have refreshed my love - I was such a crap fan!

Well thats changing - hi!
Same here. I dropped out of U2 land after The Joshua Tree. But I'm back and I'll be going to my first ever U2 concert next month. I'm pretty excited about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Terminel

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »
Thank you for all the warm welcome. It will also be my first U2 concert and embarassingly, my first ever concert! Not so much popping my cherry but exploding it!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 02:29:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you for all the warm welcome. It will also be my first U2 concert and embarassingly, my first ever concert! Not so much popping my cherry but exploding it!
Don't be too embarrased...due to many weird/unfortunate circumstances, I didn't see U2 live until I was 60 years old, and I'd been a fan since the early 80's! But, I did go to many, many other concerts in the 70's. Never seen anything like U2 live, though. Unbelievable.

Offline bullettheblue

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 12:18:11 AM »
Hi there and welcome back! What a great story to hear. There's nothing like falling back in love with an old favourite band.

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 11:59:01 AM »
Welcome - nothing like getting back into something from back when you were younger.  It makes it seem that you were right the first time around.  I got into TJT after R&H came out (which was when I first discovered the band) and even had a waistcoat as a teenager.  Don't think I could pull it off now as well as Bono did last night in Vancouver though.  Looking forward to seeing them later on the tour.