Author Topic: Find ticketdrops?  (Read 659 times)

Offline Peter Parker

• Intellectual Tortoise
Find ticketdrops?
« on: April 15, 2017, 11:44:17 PM »
Ok, looking for a couple of tix for a europe show. Looking at Berlin but others are also interesting. I know there are going to be drops but how do I keep track of them to get a chance. Im searching on every ticketmaster site every day. The one that still haves tix is London 2 (and Paris, but wont go there) but they are the 187 tix. Too steep for me. Suggestions?

Offline monopoly

• Stateless
Re: Find ticketdrops?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:09:46 AM »
Most drops don't happen until the day of the concert

Offline trevgreg

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 02:18:04 PM »
In my experience, it varies. It is usually in the hours leading up to a show. But I've been also able to find new tickets somewhere around four days before a show before too.

Offline d.darroch

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 06:01:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't agree. Plenty of ticket drops last tour. There's usually threads about ticket drops on many of the forums. For the i+e tour there were threads on both here & on interference forum. Actually two threads on interference, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login & You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login . That's over 100 pages, although much of it is just chatter.

As for this tour, I'm not looking, so haven't check if there are ticket drop threads. If not, maybe you could start them.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »
Also, if you're on Facebook, try joining various U2 groups, sometmes someone will post if they hear of a ticket drop. Same with Twitter, if you're on it, follow U2 related accounts.

Offline Gavin82

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »
TM had London #1 back on yesterday seated Block M7 187 each its only Dublin ive not seen any tixs for they may be GA drops but only time will tell

My m8s got Dublin tixs from 2nd market paid 30 over FV they happy with that

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »
187 to sit and watch a 2 hour pop concert....

Obscene.

Offline Peter Parker

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 01:57:53 PM »

Obscene.

Yes, never

Offline Peter Parker

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 01:59:15 PM »
My m8s got Dublin tixs from 2nd market paid 30 over FV they happy with that
Do you know where?

Online tigerfan41

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 05:58:44 PM »

Obscene.

Agreed. That's why I get GA or, if GA isn't possible, I'll settle for cheap nosebleeds acquired closer to the event. I'm not paying $200 to sit for a concert.

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »
I know there are going to be drops but how do I keep track of them to get a chance. Im searching on every ticketmaster site every day. Suggestions?

You're doing it right. Keep checking every day and also watch the forum for an announcement by someone who had good timing and noticed the ticket drop early on.

I don't know if this is something that happens often in Europe, but in the US this is not true. Ticket drops can happen any time, but it almost never happens on the day of. About the only time I have seen day of ticket drops is when the band released unused comp tickets, but that's typically for smaller venues and it doesn't happen very often. I have noticed that  most ticket drops occur within 2 weeks of the show, but unfortunately I have never seen this happen with U2 and I have been seeing them regularly since 1987. ~edit~ It doesn't mean it has never happened, but I have never heard of it happening nor do I know anyone who got tickets that way.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:18:13 PM by coldrain85 »

Offline Rono

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 03:53:39 AM »
I got tickets for the I+E tour the Wednesday/Thursday before for the Monday night Dublin show.   With Springsteen and a number of other concerts the day of the show.  So it seems to be random usually nearer the date. 

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 04:23:55 AM »
Check out this site on FB, they have over 6,000 members where you can swap or buy tickets for face value, it's been a really big successvisitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:40:07 AM by Jswallow »

Offline Peter Parker

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40:57 AM »
Check out this site on FB, they have over 6,000 members where you can swap or buy tickets for face value, it's been a really big successvisitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
thx

Offline monopoly

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 08:19:11 AM »
I know there are going to be drops but how do I keep track of them to get a chance. Im searching on every ticketmaster site every day. Suggestions?

You're doing it right. Keep checking every day and also watch the forum for an announcement by someone who had good timing and noticed the ticket drop early on.

I don't know if this is something that happens often in Europe, but in the US this is not true. Ticket drops can happen any time, but it almost never happens on the day of. About the only time I have seen day of ticket drops is when the band released unused comp tickets, but that's typically for smaller venues and it doesn't happen very often. I have noticed that  most ticket drops occur within 2 weeks of the show, but unfortunately I have never seen this happen with U2 and I have been seeing them regularly since 1987. ~edit~ It doesn't mean it has never happened, but I have never heard of it happening nor do I know anyone who got tickets that way.

I saw tons of GA's being released for every US date on the date of the concert. If you go back to the concert threads in 2015, people posted about GA drops which did take place the day of