Poll

Achtung Baby always wins best of the 90s polls, so which do you like better Zooropa or Pop?

Zooropa
112 (51.9%)
Pop
104 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 210

Author Topic: Which do you like better: Zooropa or Pop?  (Read 7431 times)

Offline Eno

• Wanderer
Re: Which do you like better: Zooropa or Pop?
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »
Zooropa for sure. I absolutely love the sound and the theme of this record.

Offline guidowater

• Babyface
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2017, 11:16:51 PM »
Impossible choice but it is pop. I like That whole album. Zooropa has 4 great songs That are better then anything on pop but the pop album feel better as a whole

Offline miracle_al

• Babyface
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2017, 01:09:17 PM »
'Pop' by a mile, for me.  But that could be, in part, due to the age that 'Pop' caught me at. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:18:02 PM by miracle_al »

Offline miracle_al

• Babyface
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:28 PM »
As an interesting aside, I was recently watching a backstage interview on YouTube which was filmed during the PopMart Tour in which the [Dutch] interviewer asked Bono if they would be incorporating any songs from Zooropa into their setlist.  Bono responded by saying, "You'd probably have to play the whole thing," or something to that effect, meaning that Zooropa needs to be played from start to finish, and that the songs don't really "work" when played individually.  I respectfully disagree, as Dirty Day, Lemon, and the title track, have been played to great effect on prior (ZooTV) and subsequent tours.  I had never seen/heard Bono talk about playing an album live in its entirety before seeing this clip, and this was 20 years before TJT Tour 2017. 

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2017, 09:51:38 AM »
i'm really surprised this is so close.  I know Pop has always been highly regarded on here, but Zooropa is still Zooropa.