Author Topic: spoiler: THE JT 2017 stage has LEAKED!!!!- KINDA...  (Read 3774 times)

Offline mrjones2014

• Babyface
Re: spoiler: THE JT 2017 stage has LEAKED!!!!- KINDA...
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 09:29:51 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
An instagram user with the name "goldsucog" posted a video at the stadium. It is not a paper backdrop on the sides. Everything is a screeen. The b stage is not a circle. It is in fact precise to a tree, so there's railing all over it. . Just the half the screen is left to do

Based on the videos, can you tell if the audio system looks better than the initial photo suggested?

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 09:36:53 AM »
Where is this secret video...Need to see.

Is it still up on Instagram?

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 09:40:04 AM »
Found it...thanks.

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 10:04:01 AM »
The videos are fantastic. MAJOR spoilers obviously.

The guy filming it even zoomed in on several parts. He is probably so fired   :-\

My personal first thoughts are: Unimpressive , but I don't give a damn. Its about the music.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:06:40 AM by jrodr079 »

monopoly

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:08 AM »
An instagram user with the name "goldsucog" posted a video at the stadium. It is not a paper backdrop on the sides. Everything is a screeen. The b stage is not a circle. It is in fact precise to a tree, so there's railing all over it. . Just the half the screen is left to do

Based on the videos, can you tell if the audio system looks better than the initial photo suggested?

360 had some of the best sound because the stage was surround with speakers all around. They did the same for IE. With this, it's more traditional so I'm not expecting the sound to be like those but it will probably be good enough. They have speakers surrounding the sound desk on the opposite end of the stadium also

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 10:24:11 AM »
Welp, there goes my commitment to avoid any spoilers, will certainly "Try" to stay away from setlist threads, though 11 songs are already knows, and videos.

It looks as though the B stage is a bit left of center too, so folks in the stands stage left should be in for a slightly better treat (As I will be at Gillette).  Wasn't the B stage for ZooTV Outside Broadcast off center to the left while Popmart was off center to the right?  Wonder why the choose to do that?

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »

360 had some of the best sound because the stage was surround with speakers all around. They did the same for IE. With this, it's more traditional so I'm not expecting the sound to be like those but it will probably be good enough. They have speakers surrounding the sound desk on the opposite end of the stadium also
A more traditional stage and sound system means we're more likely to experience deep bass sounds again.. the type that thud through your chest with the potential to create bowel movement

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 10:38:00 AM »
For anyone that went GA on i+e, you know what I'm talking about..

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »
Welp, there goes my commitment to avoid any spoilers, will certainly "Try" to stay away from setlist threads, though 11 songs are already knows, and videos.

It looks as though the B stage is a bit left of center too, so folks in the stands stage left should be in for a slightly better treat (As I will be at Gillette).  Wasn't the B stage for ZooTV Outside Broadcast off center to the left while Popmart was off center to the right?  Wonder why the choose to do that?
You are correct on your memory of B-Stage placements.

monopoly

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 11:19:27 AM »

You are correct on your memory of B-Stage placements.

Has the ramp rail always been that tall?

Offline guykirk9

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 12:17:46 PM »
I personally love the stage setup as it favors the GA's ;D but I do love the B-stage set up and main stage looks like a total throwback to 87.

Offline Kim

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »
Where is the RZ going to be? On the seatcharts it was on the left of the B-stage.

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 02:09:14 PM »

The speakers around the sound desk are delay towers used to fill the back of the stadium.  They are delayed a slight amount to be in sync with the FOH system because of the speed of sound being so slow.  They are pretty standard and required for large outdoor shows.

Offline DerekBarnett

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 02:22:01 PM »
Love the spy shots of the stage. I'm a stage geek and love this stuff. The sound towers are standard for large stadiums as mentioned. what is interesting is the main stage. The three large "arms" that hold the front stage are odd looking. Directly behind the deck of speakers on all three arms is what is grabbing my attention. It looks like multiple lights that would move or open up at particular times.

The left side of the stage looks like an LED screen and probably will be the entire length - similar to the dream stage set up but looks bigger. B stage is definitely a tree and agreed it looks high on that ramp section connecting to the main stage. It will be interesting to see the final pieces all connected. There is always something with these stages that surprises. Trabants, rising LED screens, lemons, rising staircases (Popmart), expandable screens (360), walk through screen (IandE), etc. Something amazing is going to be part of this stage.

monopoly

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
What if the first 1/3 of the show is without using the screen. It's just punk rock 80s u2 mixed in with 1 or 2 SOI songs. Then the band uses the screen as they start TJT. Mid JT, they all head out onto the tree stage and then finish TJT back on the main stage. Then comes the encore, parts of the screen are turned off so it looks like there's multiple smaller screens all along the back. The you hear the drum intro to zoo station and it's like watching ZOO TV. With all these little screens on. Then the band closes with 40 like Dreamforce