Author Topic: spoiler: THE JT 2017 stage has LEAKED!!!!- KINDA...  (Read 3096 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: spoiler: THE JT 2017 stage has LEAKED!!!!- KINDA...
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 02:55:26 PM »
im just wondering how full on nostalgia this will be? will the promo video playing outside the stadium be the bts footage scene on the menu of the JT dvd? will they show videos on screen during performances? they did that on zoo tv with JT bono walking in the desert and the fly yelling "hey you! i rememeber you!"

Offline bass slap

• Numb
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What if the first 1/3 of the show is without using the screen. It's just punk rock 80s u2 mixed in with 1 or 2 SOI songs. Then the band uses the screen as they start TJT. Mid JT, they all head out onto the tree stage and then finish TJT back on the main stage. Then comes the encore, parts of the screen are turned off so it looks like there's multiple smaller screens all along the back. The you hear the drum intro to zoo station and it's like watching ZOO TV. With all these little screens on. Then the band closes with 40 like Dreamforce

[img]https://new2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+ll+buy+that+for+a+dollar+_6dc66710d8e0d8639e8f5165836c0485.jpg/img]

Offline bass slap

• Numb
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2017, 03:29:19 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2017, 03:30:29 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The reality is I based this off the leaked setlist...

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2017, 03:35:29 PM »
What if the first 1/3 of the show is without using the screen. It's just punk rock 80s u2 mixed in with 1 or 2 SOI songs. Then the band uses the screen as they start TJT. Mid JT, they all head out onto the tree stage and then finish TJT back on the main stage. Then comes the encore, parts of the screen are turned off so it looks like there's multiple smaller screens all along the back. The you hear the drum intro to zoo station and it's like watching ZOO TV. With all these little screens on. Then the band closes with 40 like Dreamforce

I blame the band for this, Bono in particular - but can some please tell me when U2 have EVER been.......punk rock.

Answer - never.

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2017, 03:37:11 PM »

I blame the band for this, Bono in particular - but can some please tell me when U2 have EVER been.......punk rock.

Answer - never.

I love jack whites reaction to edge calling "I will follow"

Offline bass slap

• Numb
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »

Answer - never.

The phase being referred to should be post punk. One of u2's best era's

Offline bass slap

• Numb
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »
Post-punk:

"denoting a style of rock music inspired by punk but less aggressive in performance and musically more experimental."

I think early u2 definitely fits that description, and is why punk sometimes gets referenced.

Offline U2Fan

• Refugee
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2017, 04:43:18 PM »
Does the stage seem kind of on the left hand side of the floor, or is it me?

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2017, 04:56:13 PM »

Answer - never.

Ok. Songs released today are also post punk, then.

Its hard to categorize U2's music. Anything from Boy through Pop was completely different to anything else released at the time. They were quite enjoyable incomparable.

From ATYCLB - you can most definitely characterize their output as pop music. Not punk, not rock, not alternative.

Offline bass slap

• Numb
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2017, 05:32:10 PM »

Answer - never.

Ok. Songs released today are also post punk, then.

Its hard to categorize U2's music. Anything from Boy through Pop was completely different to anything else released at the time. They were quite enjoyable incomparable.

From ATYCLB - you can most definitely characterize their output as pop music. Not punk, not rock, not alternative.

Incorrect. Post-punk is a term used in music journalism to describe a particular period of time some where between late 70's and early 80's. The sound of bands breaking away from punk but still capturing some of that style and energy.

Offline bass slap

• Numb
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2017, 05:34:56 PM »
Simple minds made some great music in that period too.. and although you couldn't describe it as punk it was punky for them and part of the post punk scene.

Offline popeyebonaparte

• Babyface
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2017, 02:25:11 AM »
The ONLY punk band ever were The Sex Pistols. The rest were fakes. U2 were never punk but they did channel the raw energy that the Pistols brought about.

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2017, 04:44:06 AM »
Volcano sounds very post punk, reminds me of Siousxi & the banshees

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 06:12:24 AM »
In the video the shape of the stage looks quite like the one in 2005, with one B stage and red zone at Edges side.
It's interesting. Cannot wait to see and maybe hear more.